No announcement yet.

Ward talks about a potential fight with Dawson: "we'll bring him down to '68"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Dawson should just wait for the winner of Cloud vs Pascal, he shouldn't go down JUST FOR WARD...he haven't fought at 168 since 2006 I think

in a year or two it is a good chance Ward will move up anyway, no need to rush it, these are two fighters in their Prime right now with plenty of years left
    Great comment...they are acting like they want to negotiate this fight tomorrow...he needs to rest up, and fight a bum like pascal or cloud...after that, he can fight ward!

Comment

What Ward is doing is extreme drainage.

Comment

People keep talking about Ward use to be a LHW but Dawson has had a ton of fights at SMW and even MW. You have to be fair both ways and remember that Dawson called him out, Ward is the bigger name, and Ward has other guys to fight. He dont have to come to LHW for Dawson.

I dont get why Ward should do Dawson a favor. Why the hell should Ward come to Dawson? Makes no sense at all. Dawson has to atleast come to 168 or dont come at all. Again, its not like Ward is screaming for the fight or that Ward has to move up right now or that Dawson is the name. NO.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          People keep talking about Ward use to be a LHW but Dawson has had a ton of fights at SMW and even MW. You have to be fair both ways and remember that Dawson called him out, Ward is the bigger name, and Ward has other guys to fight. He dont have to come to LHW for Dawson.

I dont get why Ward should do Dawson a favor. Why the hell should Ward come to Dawson? Makes no sense at all. Dawson has to atleast come to 168 or dont come at all. Again, its not like Ward is screaming for the fight or that Ward has to move up right now or that Dawson is the name. NO.
          I agree with you only because I don't want to see both boxers fight right now. There is a ton of fights for Ward at 168, and there is a ton of fights for Dawson at 175. Maybe a couple fights down the line after they are done fighting the best in their division, Ward can move up. Because I don't think Dawson will be at his best at 168.

I think Dawson should grab an ABC belt which is Beibut Shumenov for now, and then fight the winner of Pascal/Cloud.

Comment

I didn't see anything about this in the first page, but I hope it has been mentioned that Chad Dawson offered himself "at 168 or 175". Meaning either or.

So if Ward wants to fight at 168, he's not doing anything that Dawson does not want to do/he's not forcing Chad to do anything. Chad offered himself at 168.

Please make this fight happen, no matter how boring it ends up being. Rather see it now than down the line, risking more losses, or one is too much better than the other/one fell from grace. They're both coming off really good wins, now is the time. Seems like they both want it too.

I like Dawson more, and would be rooting for him to win. But my boy Ward probably outfights him in a tough fight. Idk, it's 50-50 in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              I didn't see anything about this in the first page, but I hope it has been mentioned that Chad Dawson offered himself "at 168 or 175". Meaning either or.

So if Ward wants to fight at 168, he's not doing anything that Dawson does not want to do/he's not forcing Chad to do anything. Chad offered himself at 168.

Please make this fight happen, no matter how boring it ends up being. Rather see it now than down the line, risking more losses, or one is too much better than the other/one fell from grace. They're both coming off really good wins, now is the time. Seems like they both want it too.

I like Dawson more, and would be rooting for him to win. But my boy Ward probably outfights him in a tough fight. Idk, it's 50-50 in my eyes.

Well if he can't fight Ward, there is WBA LHW champion Beibut Shumenov, lol. That is the perfect fight for Dawson right now. Dawson should get his rest and pick up an ABC belt.

Comment

At least do a CW Ward. Smh **** like this irks my damn nerves.

Comment

Seeing as how I don't expect the fight to happen for awhile I don't mind what Ward has said...Dawson shouldn't have opened his mouth...The challenge to Ward was enough...If he would have continued and said that Ward could pick the venue and glove size and ring size and Ward capitalized he'd be wrong for that too? If Dawson is that confident to say that he will go to his weight then he is going to take him up on that challenge because thats what it was...a challenge.

Comment

Dawson wanted the fight, Dawson offered 168.

Ward said 'okay'.

Where is the problem?

Comment

175 or no fight. F**k that s**t. Just wait to fight him until 2013-2014 after you finish out your last few fights at 168, and let him avenge his loss to Pascal and rack up a couple more solid wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X