No announcement yet.

May vs Ortiz; thoughts on the fight itself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I think the 3rd round was all Floyd, but rounds 1, 2, 4 were all competative with a slight edge to Floyd. In the 4th Floyd ducked to his left & got caught with a mean right hook & seemed to start paying attention after that. I didn't see the Gatti like beating that some claim.
    I was definitely one of the ppl saying it would be a Gatti like beating. And I think Floyd had figured the kid out and was starting to open up on him. I really didn't see the rounds as being close. The only round that could be close was the 2nd. And most of Ortiz's punches in the 4th were blocked. He landed only about 3 clean punches the 4th.

Comment

Too much acts of apology had cost Ortiz's belt at SLAVE WAGES at that.
      Floyd thought the guy Ortiz may land a hard lucky punch to erase his O losses and
      he took the opportunity quickly when it presented.
      Now we know that Floyd doesn't have that punch to put the other guy to a complete or temporary retirement.
      Was OSDT done by USADA in this fight? If yes,when was the last test done? Is USADA responsible and pay pecuniary damages if needle stab wounds cause blood circulation problems or internal hemorrhages to boxers on active training and during the fight itself?

Comment

I think the fact Mayweather started out strong early, might have made it seem as though Ortiz was forcing the action, but in fact it was Mayweather landing the clean accurate shots from round 1. I thought it was alot closer on fight night, but when i saw it the next day(and sober like someone else had also mentioned) I did feel that Mayweather was the one pressing the action as well as landing the better shots.

Also felt those shots were taking their toll, and Ortiz was getting frustrated by the fact he was getting tagged early and often and barely landing his own shots.

What I ment by in the wrong was that Ortiz threw a blatant & illegal headbutt; & Mayweather retaliated with a quick left hook right hand that no one saw coming. But my opinion on the matter is that a. Ortiz should have been protecting himself at all times & b. Without the first foul the KO wouldn't have happened. You can't expect to be protected by the same rules that you decided to throw out the window less then 30 seconds ago.

But again, we have enough threads about how it ended, let's talk about how you saw it playing out, and how you thought it might have ended had it gone on.

Comment

Working...
        X