No announcement yet.

Just watched Toney vs Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Toney vs Williams

I just watched James Toney vs Prince Charles williams. It was another great display of James' skills but that is not why I brought this up.

After the fight James Toney was ready to fight and even calling out Roy Jones jr. on HBO. Then later after they fight James is threatening Jackies life for pushing him into the fight. I have never cared for James after he did this. Still I can't understand what the problem for this fight was for James, except that he got his a$$ handed to him on a platter..........Rockin'

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    I just watched James Toney vs Prince Charles williams. It was another great display of James' skills but that is not why I brought this up.

After the fight James Toney was ready to fight and even calling out Roy Jones jr. on HBO. Then later after they fight James is threatening Jackies life for pushing him into the fight. I have never cared for James after he did this. Still I can't understand what the problem for this fight was for James, except that he got his a$$ handed to him on a platter..........Rockin'

iv'e seen this before. James (to me) seemed crazy then, and not much has changed. Loved Toney back in the early 90's....some great showcase fights he had there (Nunn, Barkely, McCallum etc). Believe he was 44-0 at one point and P4P top 2 berfore he lost to Roy.

Comment

Toney ended up wanting the fight at 175, which wouldn't have made much sense, and messed up the weight-making process. He couldn't handle his first loss, not to a Roy Jones atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        Toney ended up wanting the fight at 175, which wouldn't have made much sense, and messed up the weight-making process. He couldn't handle his first loss, not to a Roy Jones atleast.
        True. One minute your the baddest man on the planet, the next your just another fighter

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          iv'e seen this before. James (to me) seemed crazy then, and not much has changed. Loved toney back in the early 90's....some great showcase fights he had there (nunn, barkely, mccallum etc). Believe he was 44-0 at one point and p4p top 2 berfore he lost to roy.
          its a shames killed me to see him fall off the way he did still one of favs tho... Cant knock the guy i think he is 73-6 and 3 of those came because of his weight who fights like that anymore

Comment

Working...
          X