Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't looked at who fought whom so I can't say who fought the better comp at 130 but if it's accurate that Manny fought 8 and FM fought 23 then it's not a fair comparison.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather has a better resume than Manny Pacqiauo at 130.

It has nothing to do with competition.

It's merely to do with the fact his career started at 130 so he knocked out alot of his early oppoents as does the majority of great fighters.

Add the fact he was alot more aggresive at 130 so when he cleaned out the divison he knocked most of them out.

That's it.

The point the TS is trying to make is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Pacquaio had 8 and Mayweather had like 23.

It's not a fair comparison.

Add the fact that Mayweather cleaned out the division as opposed to Pac.
        he cleaned out the division? he didn't even have any unification fights and most of his title defenses were gimme's. he only has more ko's because he started his career there and fought a lot of bums early on. the guy never had power. most of his title fight "ko's" were corner retirements as well corrales, chavez, hernandez, gerena.

Comment

pac had 8 fights at 130 and 6 were against top 10 opponents.
          mayweather had 23 fights at 130 and 6 were against top 10 opponents.

stats don't lie!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he cleaned out the division? he didn't even have any unification fights and most of his title defenses were gimme's. he only has more ko's because he started his career there and fought a lot of bums early on. the guy never had power. most of his title fight "ko's" were corner retirements as well corrales, chavez, hernandez, gerena.
            Which is exactly what I said. Which is why the TS point is invalid.

If you don't consider becoming Lineal Champion and beating all the best fighters available; Manfredy, Chavez, Hernandez and Corrales who were all Top 5 ranked during his reign so be it.

Anyone else in the top 5 during his reign I.e Garcia, Hatakeyama or showed no interest in fighting him.

Besides, he fought Corales instead of anyone else who was ranked #1 at the time although he was Lineal Champion.

Add 8 title defences to that in which I agree some were gimme but some were against Top 10 ranked fighters.

He pretty much fought and beat every fighter worth fighting there, including 2 #1 ranked fighters.

After he beat Corales, Casamayor and Freitas were available but they jumped up to 135 pretty much straight after he did. In which fights there could have been made between them but as we know didn't.

I agree he never really had power there. Like I stated already its down to his more agressive style there and the fact he started his career there against weaker opponents like most fighters do at the very start of their careers.

Comment

floyd can't punch as hard anymore. years of chronic steroid abuse makes bones brittle.

Comment

he never had power huh?

Comment

pac had 8 fights at 130 and 6 were against top 10 opponents.
                  mayweather had 23 fights at 130 and 6 were against top 10 opponents.

stats don't lie!
                  Manny Pacquiao had 6 fights against Top 10 opponents at 130? Quite sure that isn't correct. Who were they?

By my count there is, Morales x2, Barrera, and Marquez. In which we know that Morales and Barrera were on the slide also. But, were still ranked highly.

Correct me if i'm wrong, by the way. Pac at 130 seems like a decade ago.

Comment

God and rice.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Which is exactly what I said. Which is why the TS point is invalid.

If you don't consider becoming Lineal Champion and beating all the best fighters available; Manfredy, Chavez, Hernandez and Corrales who were all Top 5 ranked during his reign so be it.

Anyone else in the top 5 during his reign I.e Garcia, Hatakeyama or showed no interest in fighting him.

Besides, he fought Corales instead of anyone else who was ranked #1 at the time although he was Lineal Champion.

Add 8 title defences to that in which I agree some were gimme but some were against Top 10 ranked fighters.

He pretty much fought and beat every fighter worth fighting there, including 2 #1 ranked fighters.

After he beat Corales, Casamayor and Freitas were available but they jumped up to 135 pretty much straight after he did. In which fights there could have been made between them but as we know didn't.

I agree he never really had power there. Like I stated already its down to his more agressive style there and the fact he started his career there against weaker opponents like most fighters do at the very start of their careers.
                      floyd never fought the long reigning wbo champ(freitas) or the long reigning wba champ(casamayor) so i don't see how he cleaned out the division or fought everyone worth fighting. he fought the number 1 guy(corrales) but beating one guy doesn't give you a free pass to avoid all the other guys. maybe that 1 guy was just a good stylistic matchup for him(it was) and the other guys weren't. casamayor wasn't a slow plodder like corrales he was a slick southpaw so i think we know why that fight never came off.

Comment

Working...
                      X