Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito and Cotto are not worth Floyd's time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd shouldn't even need to fight welterweights to be considered p4p # 1.

he's a small dude

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
      dude, you're not helping us floyd lovers

we're not all as irrational as you are
      Yea its hard to be fan of Floyd without getting labeled as a nut hugger. This dude is horrible.

Comment

Styles make fights..And i think Margos style is custom made for a floyd beat down..Cotto would give him more problems with his body attack and his angles..BUT the biggest threat at WW for floyd is Paul Williams hands down..That long long long jab that sustained work rate and awkward style would present may with more than a few problems IMO, thats the fight id love to see

Comment

not one of you jack asses have answered my question

what does margartio bring to the dance, what does he have to offer fllyd if they fight. becasue he damn sure doesn't have a legacy at 147. are you trying to tell me margo is an atg at 147 I don't think so.

and cotto what the f.u.c.k has he done at 147 beating an old mosley and zab judah don't make me laugh. cotto had his chance all he had to do was keep wining and he failed bigtime against a c-level fighter with no defence

Comment

They are two of the best welterweights, Floyd was a welterweight. He fought DLH at 154 and Hatton ( A 140 champion) at 147. He needed to fight full size welterweights at 147, not guys who aren't suited for the weight or are above the weight.

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
            Floyd shouldn't even need to fight welterweights to be considered p4p # 1.

he's a small dude
            I am starting to think he should have stayed at lightweight or light welter. But he knows more money is at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
              not one of you jack asses have answered my question

what does margartio bring to the dance, what does he have to offer fllyd if they fight. becasue he damn sure doesn't have a legacy at 147. are you trying to tell me margo is an atg at 147 I don't think so.

and cotto what the f.u.c.k has he done at 147 beating an old mosley and zab judah don't make me laugh. cotto had his chance all he had to do was keep wining and he failed bigtime against a c-level fighter with no defence
              When Cotto had his chance fLOYD RETIRED, SO stfu!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mayweathers best win at 147 was probebly Judah...and Cotto beat him up. how does that make Mayweather another level above him?

Comment

Styles make fights..And i think Margos style is custom made for a floyd beat down..Cotto would give him more problems with his body attack and his angles..BUT the biggest threat at WW for floyd is Paul Williams hands down..That long long long jab that sustained work rate and awkward style would present may with more than a few problems IMO, thats the fight id love to see
                  margartio is no diego corrales so cut the bull****. and cotto looked pathetic against margarito running around the ring like a jack ass

Comment

Okay, now you're starting to sound ridiculous.

Old Mosley, okay MAYBE I might semi-agree with you there, but Zab Judah being "old"? I don't think so.

Margarito/Cotto are agressors, pressers, they're style and basic strategy make the fights what they are, EXCITING. They would both be great opponents for Floyd, and hell, even Williams would give Floyd his worst beat down, but that's the thing, Floyd understands his style of fighting, as well as every other boxer in and around his division out there. For him it's apparent that if Cotto's "titanic" shots weren't strong enough to bring Margarito down, obviously he wouldn't be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
                      truthfully what has margo done in his 29 years in the sport:scared

I could've sworn margarito was like 30 yrs old...If he's been boxing for 29 years that means he started boxing when he was 1 ????

Comment

Working...
                      X