No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez... P4P???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manuel Marquez... P4P???

Can someone plz tell me why Marquez's name gets used in the same sentence as Manny Pacquiao's??? If it wasn't for the mistake a judge made in the first fight (10-7 should have been 10-6 in the first round) PacMan would have 2 wins under his belt over him. Do these so called boxing experts not recall Marquez getting knocked on his ass 3 times in the first fight and once in the rematch??? That's four knockdowns vs. none on Pacquiao in 2 fights. So PacMAn didnt knock him out but what fight were some ppl watching??? Anyways, Marquez is pretty good but he's not on the same level. Marquez doesn't have big names under his resume as Pacquiao does... I'll give him Marco Antonio Barrera... but I don't think a win over a washed up Morales (post-Pacquiao), an overrated Casamayor, and a young, still raw Juan Diaz can be considered marquee wins plus a loss to Chris John (which I thought was a close fight). Pacquiao's resume includes: 2 wins over Morales, 2 wins over Barrera (including Barrera's first KO loss), 1 win on Marquez, a win over a bigger De La Hoya, and a win over Hatton in his prime. Compare the 2 and tell me who has a better rap sheet. Anyways, everyone has their own opinion and I don't think JMM deserves such a high P4P ranking. I think Shane Mosley and Paul Williams should be ahead of him anyways.

Originally posted by Flippin_Money View Post
    Can someone plz tell me why Marquez's name gets used in the same sentence as Manny Pacquiao's??? If it wasn't for the mistake a judge made in the first fight (10-7 should have been 10-6 in the first round) PacMan would have 2 wins under his belt over him. Do these so called boxing experts not recall Marquez getting knocked on his ass 3 times in the first fight and once in the rematch??? That's four knockdowns vs. none on Pacquiao in 2 fights. So PacMAn didnt knock him out but what fight were some ppl watching??? Anyways, Marquez is pretty good but he's not on the same level. Marquez doesn't have big names under his resume as Pacquiao does... I'll give him Marco Antonio Barrera... but I don't think a win over a washed up Morales (post-Pacquiao), an overrated Casamayor, and a young, still raw Juan Diaz can be considered marquee wins plus a loss to Chris John (which I thought was a close fight). Pacquiao's resume includes: 2 wins over Morales, 2 wins over Barrera (including Barrera's first KO loss), 1 win on Marquez, a win over a bigger De La Hoya, and a win over Hatton in his prime. Compare the 2 and tell me who has a better rap sheet. Anyways, everyone has their own opinion and I don't think JMM deserves such a high P4P ranking. I think Shane Mosley and Paul Williams should be ahead of him anyways.
    You need to check into mental health facility asap.

Why is JMM p4p #1?? Cuz he's ****ing awesome thats why.

Comment

Yes I agree that Pacquiao won both fights, but Still JMM made the fights close enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

ATG wise Pacquiao>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JMM, but P4P at teh Moment they are very close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flippin_Money View Post
        Marquez is not on the same level as Pacquiao?

You're right, he's better!

Oscar weighed less than Pacquaio, not bigger!

Marquez never faced Morales, IDIOT.

It was Raheem who beat Morales before Pacquiao, right after Morales whooped Pacquiao.

Prime Hatton? LOL

"Hatton was not the same after his loss to Mayweather" - Freddie Roach

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro USA View Post
          Marquez is not on the same level as Pacquiao?

You're right, he's better!

Oscar weighed less than Pacquaio, not bigger!

Marquez never faced Morales, IDIOT.

It was Raheem who beat Morales before Pacquiao, right after Morales whooped Pacquiao.

Prime Hatton? LOL

"Hatton was not the same after his loss to Mayweather" - Freddie Roach

Well played Maestro...Having said that I look forward to doing battle with you leading up to JMM/Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            Yes I agree that Pacquiao won both fights, but Still JMM made the fights close enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

ATG wise Pacquiao>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JMM, but P4P at teh Moment they are very close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Lets not count our chickens before they hatch. Lets wait until both careers are over and see how they are judged by history.
            Now is way to soon to make that determination.

Comment

Well, all in good sport, it's nice to actually see some die-hard boxing fans. lol. Anyways, we can argue all and all... so he didnt face Morales which makes one less person on his resume. HE LOST TO CHRIS JOHN!!! Cause I can say Pacquiao won both fights but the judges say one... that first fight was even after the first round... for anyone to give JMM so many rounds after the first round for him to end up 115-110 on a scorecard is ridiculous! That fight was close, but those 3 knockdowns should have gave the edge to Pacquiao. but Marquez lost to CHRIS JOHN!!! and I don't care what anyone says, I thought it was wrong to give John the UD with such a blowout, but I still thought it was a close enough fight in which either fighter could have got the win... so where should Chris John's name be on the P4P rankings??? and De La Hoya was naturally the bigger guy... he has fought at 160, and bigger also means height-wise. He had 5 inches on PacMan which made him BIGGER. And Ricky Hatton was still considered to be champ at 140 so he was still in his prime... I honestly never thought he had to much credibility to begin with other than Kosta Tszyu and he's been livin off that win ever since. but again, it's nice to see some die hard fans... we got our opinions and I aint tryin to persuade anyone. but fa real tho, name some quality wins Marquez has under his belt... explain to me why he is better than Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
              X