Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing: I'M THE LAST TRUE CHAMP; EXCLUSIVE Drugs taint today's fighters, says LENNOX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing: I'M THE LAST TRUE CHAMP; EXCLUSIVE Drugs taint today's fighters, says LENNOX

LENNOX LEWIS has stung the boxing world by declaring: I'm the last true heavyweight world champ because fighters today are boosted by drugs!

The former undisputed heavyweight king says many fighters use drugs or supplements such as Creatine to build their physiques.

"I may be the last true heavyweight," says Lewis. "All the others are plastic because they take things to help them.

"All I ever took was yams, dumplings - and good old-fashioned mummy's cooking.

"My masseuse, who works with other heavyweights, says you can tell the difference between a body that has been developed using Creatine.

"I'm a true heavyweight. I didn't have to take anything to grow into it."

Lewis also says Britain's current heavyweights are more brawlers than boxers - and admitted being embarrassed watching Danny Williams and Matt Skelton slug it out for the British title, saying they looked like pub scrappers.

That's why he's glad he hung up his gloves, leaving a legacy of which he is proud.

"I don't really miss boxing because I quit at the top.

"People talk about big-money fights but it doesn't make sense for me to come back and fight because I've been there and done it.

"I beat everyone in my era. The heavyweight division is weak at the moment and that is good because it shows what an impact I had on boxing. When are we going to find the next Lennox Lewis? Who knows?

"But, as time goes on, I'm looked on as a great because you still won't find someone like me.

"If we want a British champion then many of those fighters around today need to try to learn other styles of boxing. If they think they can just come out swinging and win then they won't be great."

Lewis is looking to open a boxing academy in Jamaica to teach fighters all they need to know about being a pro - both inside and outside the ring - in an effort to stop them going the way of Mike Tyson.

"You need to look after yourself outside the ring just as much as you do in it," says Lewis.

"Any young fighters who make a success of their careers need to have a good grounding in the dangers they face - and the hangers-on."

CAPTION(S):

RIGHT BELTER: Lennox Lewis lands a thumper on his way to victory over Mike Tyson in 2002' CHILLED OUT: Lewis won't return to ring
    COPYRIGHT 2006 MGN LTD

THis is 6 years old

Comment

yams power!!!!

Comment

Lennox is a top 5 heavyweight, arguably.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
          Lennox is a top 5 heavyweight, arguably.
          I think he is over rated to the sheeeet house , fought nobody really and his era was the beginning of the crap big man dominate HW brigade !

A sliding Holyfield gave him all he could handle and Evander is not even a true HW he went there for the money and bigger fights .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            I think he is over rated to the sheeeet house , fought nobody really and his era was the beginning of the crap big man dominate HW brigade !

A sliding Holyfield gave him all he could handle and Evander is not even a true HW he went there for the money and bigger fights .
            He fought nearly everyone in what is thought by most o be the second strongest heavyweight era.

Comment

Working...
            X