Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a future for prescott?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think saying he got lucky against Khan is taking it too far, but it is a fairly meaningless fight. Prescott is what you'd expect from a Colombian. He's Edison and Dionisio Miranda, Zuniga, and Sam Miller. He's Joel Julio and Richar Gutierrez. Urango and Torres. He is whoever else I forgot. They have some power and basic skills, but they have all the same basic flaws.

I tried to tell people this after the Khan fight. I felt like I was the only person on the planet who had actually seen Prescott fight pre-Khan. He looked like **** against Abril. He looked better against Toledo than Abril, but he also looked worse than some guys we know aren't really quite top level did against Toledo. Prescott isn't a top level prospect. I'm not even sure he's a mid-level. If they guide him to a belt it will be with much care, and even then it will probably take a fluke pairing that makes no boxing sense: i.e. Mayorga beating Forrest twice.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
      I think saying he got lucky against Khan is taking it too far, but it is a fairly meaningless fight. Prescott is what you'd expect from a Colombian. He's Edison and Dionisio Miranda, Zuniga, and Sam Miller. He's Joel Julio and Richar Gutierrez. Urango and Torres. He is whoever else I forgot. They have some power and basic skills, but they have all the same basic flaws.

I tried to tell people this after the Khan fight. I felt like I was the only person on the planet who had actually seen Prescott fight pre-Khan. He looked like **** against Abril. He looked better against Toledo than Abril, but he also looked worse than some guys we know aren't really quite top level did against Toledo. Prescott isn't a top level prospect. I'm not even sure he's a mid-level. If they guide him to a belt it will be with much care, and even then it will probably take a fluke pairing that makes no boxing sense: i.e. Mayorga beating Forrest twice.

this.

Comment

prescott could live off of the Amir Khan win if Khan becomes a championship level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          I don't think he would yet. That power of Prescott is truly something devastating (even though it's mostly all wildly swung haymakers).

If there was just one thing I was impressed with last night (even though I still don't like him), it's his power. I think he'd be dangerous at 140 or even 147 if he bulked up.
          I don't get this. How could you be impressed with his power when he landed Toledo seemed to walk through his punches for the majority of his fight? And this is a guy who wasn't exactly renowned for a strudy chin.

If anything, last night made me question Prescott's power. And in turn, Khan's chin (even more)

Comment

Prescott has a good punch and some very good footwork. WIth some polishing he may be a future kingpin.

Comment

Well Prescott was fighting off the back-foot all night, and didn't seem to really sit on his punches. Be that as it may I was thinking that he would have been able to stop Teledo early, but even if that didn't happen I learned that Prescott isn't a one trick pony and can actually box a bit. The kid has a future, but I wouldn't put him in with the Marquez's and Funeka's of the world.

Comment

Working...
              X