No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman discredits Mexican fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
    he's not the most popular, but there are reasons for that. For one, he has a lack of power. Rigo has pop. Vazquez also does a lot more holding and has a much uglier style. He hasn't beaten a guy considered top p4p like rigo. He has losses. He didn't have the amateur pedigree. The only reason Rigondeaux is an hbo main event fighter and he is not is the Donaire fight. Vazquez doesn't have a signature win like that. Even with all that, rigo and him are on almost the same level in terms of popularity. HBO doesn't even want to put Rigondeaux fights on. If it were Vazquez who beat Donaire, I guarantee he would get much more of a boost than Rigondeaux did. It almost seems like the Donaire fight hurt Guillermo's reputation despite him dominating.
    miguel vasquez isn't a holder.....just shows how much you know about the fighter.
    trust me vasquez beating a quality opponent the way he does isnt going to make him any new fans, hes still wont be popular.
    its kinda like how abril "beat"rios, he didnt make any new fans with that style.

Comment

they also think that rigo will gain more fans if he studies english? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Honey Team View Post
        they also think that rigo will gain more fans if he studies english? lol
        Of course he would. How many more however, is up for debate. Apparently Rigo is a good trash-talker.

Comment

I read my husband's name in the title. Whatever negative or disparaging about Max K. is untrue and slanderous.

Long live the king! Long live Max. K!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedChimp View Post
            He did it again as Rigo and Agbeko entered the ring. Rigo said in interview if he were Mexican the fans would love him. He says because he's Cuban and has a slick style he doesn't have a fan base. The commentators went on to say that the biggest reason is the language barrier. They also clarified that Mexican fighters don't have a problem gaining a fan base regardless of a language barrier. So here comes Max Kellerman with his two cents and crack pipe. "Ya well, Mexican boxers come from right across the border and already have a built in fan base here. Rigo comes from a small tropical island." He's implying that the only fans Mexican boxers get are strictly From Mexico. He's assuming Mexican fighters can't get any other fans. I know many White, Asian, and other Latinos who are fans of Mexican fighters. Why does it have to be a boxers own ethnicity to be called their fan base. I think it is very discriminative of Max to continue to discredit Mexican athletes in this manner. He continues to voice his non classy biased opinion and I would have to bring it to his attention personally if I saw him.

Of course Max Kellermen knows that Mexican fighters have non-Mexican fans also;Max Kellermen mean`t that Mexican fighters have mostly Mexican fans.When you see a popular Mexican fighter fighting,most of the people in the audience are Mexican.The reason Rigondeaux doesn`t have a fan base is because boxing in the U.S is a tribal sport;boxing fans generally support their own kind in the U.S if the fighters is of the same race,same ethnicity,or from the same state.And Cubans are not big boxing fans in the U.S,so there isn`t a Cuban boxing market to exploit in the U.S..Sergio Martinez is not a big ticket seller in the U.S,either its because there isn`t a big Argentian population in the U.S, or maybe the Argentinian population in the U.S are not into boxing.But when Martinez went to Argentina to fight,he sold out the stadium where he fought at.

Comment

Working...
            X