Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Talks Mayweather, Eyes Ward-Rodriguez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I like GGG. He's focused on taking care of business in the ring and fighting the best out. It seems like everyone on here has been focusing on him moving down in weight but he's more focused on taking challenges north of 160. I think GGG will be able to land some big fights at 160 but he won't be the first fighter that has to move up because they can't find fights at their natural weight. I remember Sergio went through the same issues at 154.

Comment

Keep in mind that Rodriguez weighs around 186 on fight night whereas GGG has never weighed above 170, so he would be fighting at the same kind of size disadvantage Mayweather was at against Canelo. I don't think Rodriguez will beat Ward, although a GGG-Rodriguez fight had been discussed last year.

It looks like GGG is having trouble finding good fights at MW, so it makes sense if he chooses to move up.

Comment

Ward doesn't like GGG at all. Caught an interview he did after the Macklin KO and he flat out said he wasn't a fan. Talking about May vs GGG is stupid! Ward-GGG is more like a realistic fight. People just want May to lose sooooo bad. May doesn't pass 151. Let the middles and super middles and in B-Hop's case light heavy, handle their biz in their divisions and let my man be.

Comment

finally this would be a huge fight ward vs ggg i love the excuses i definitely got ward but ward will probably get knocked down in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
            Ward doesn't like GGG at all. Caught an interview he did after the Macklin KO and he flat out said he wasn't a fan. Talking about May vs GGG is stupid! Ward-GGG is more like a realistic fight. People just want May to lose sooooo bad. May doesn't pass 151. Let the middles and super middles and in B-Hop's case light heavy, handle their biz in their divisions and let my man be.
            I recall him saying he was impressed by the KO of Macklin, but still considered GGG to be the second or third best MW (he put Martinez ahead of him) until he proves otherwise.

Comment

154 is not so attractive now , for 2 reasons he saw how Floyd handled Alvarez who Genady has said was the best fighter he has been in with , though it was only sparing he still said he was the best he has been in with .

The other reason is , Floyd has shown that he will call you on lower weight call out like Canelo calling Floyd at 150 .

So GGG at 154 is not interested in Floyd after that fight , he wants to concentrate on MW and not the match with Floyd , Floyds the biggest purse for GGG , it seems odd to not pursue it ,

All I can say is he must have been very impressed how easy Floyd handled Canelo .
              Last edited by Reloaded; 09-21-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPsol View Post
                I recall him saying he was impressed by the KO of Macklin, but still considered GGG to be the second or third best MW (he put Martinez ahead of him) until he proves otherwise.
                He did. He was very respecful but kept it in prospective. In GGGland, if you don't have your head stuck neck deep in GGG's bunghole, you're a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  154 is not so attractive now , for 2 reasons he saw how Floyd handled Alvarez who Genady has said was the best fighter he has been in with , though it was only sparing he still said he was the best he has been in with .

The other reason is , Floyd has shown that he will call you on lower weight call out like Canelo calling Floyd at 150 .

So GGG at 154 is not interested in Floyd after that fight , he wants to concentrate on MW and not the Floyd , Floyds the biggest purse for GGG it seems odd , he must have been very impressed how easy Floyd handled Canelo .
                  GGG would flatten Floyd's lil ass. And I'm a as close as you can be to a diehard Floyd fan without being a flat out *****.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    GGG would flatten Floyd's lil ass. And I'm a as close as you can be to a diehard Floyd fan without being a flat out *****.
                    Macklin and Rosado aren't Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Then why not pursue it , he is going the other way , Im pointing this out because I don't think GGG can make 154 and Floyd will kick his ass if he don't make 154 healthy .

Apart from that its nothing to be big noting a MW can stop a WW , your just a fanboy thinking like that , Im looking at the weights and possibilities , keep your fanboy BS out of it .

Comment

Working...
                      X