Match up idea for Canelo's Sept PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Canelo- Kirkland in September

Canelo- Cotto on cinco de mayo weekend 2013. That will do Huge numbers. May even do a co- main event with Mayweather-khan.
    Mayweather co main event? Hell no. If anything the other way around and that's pushing it cause Cotto doesn't belong on a co main event. He belongs on a main event.

Comment

Canelo vs Kirkland is not a ppv fight. Kirkland doesn't have a name and he really isn't that good. He is exciting but not good. I think a Canelo vs the winner of Berto-Ortiz should get the September ppv showdown vs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Seeing as the guy rakes in the buys, I think you would be wrong in that assumption.
        No I get what you're saying, but the fans should be ashamed of themselves for allowing ginger here to become a star while other fighters like Bradley who fights everyone & their momma's can't sell $h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
          Canelo vs Kirkland is not a ppv fight. Kirkland doesn't have a name and he really isn't that good. He is exciting but not good. I think a Canelo vs the winner of Berto-Ortiz should get the September ppv showdown vs Canelo.
          It's not but if they want Canelo to headline a PPV who else they gonna put him against? Kirkland is the more fan friendly fight as someone pointed out and would probably draw more than Quintana. And remember, one way or another, he beat Angulo and Molina. So leave it to Canelo to 'avenge' the Mexicans. You can look at it that way and that's one way they can hype the fight up. Anyone you put Canelo in there with, he's gonna be the main attraction and draw. Im also willing to bet he would draw some decent freaking numbers too. They are just really hyped up about this guy for whatever reason.
          Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Canelo headlines not because of his record but simply because he is a huge moneymaker. I am in the minority, but I think Canelo is a very good fighter, that may become a great fighter. I think this not because he has beaten anybody that good, but because of the skills, heart, and dedication to his craft that I think I see in him.I would love to see him fight Kirkland and then the Lara vs. Vanes winner. I think he beats them both. Mosley says he is ready for the best and he should know.
          Btw also remember Mosley works for GBP and of course is gonna do/say anything to promote Canelo.
          Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          No I get what you're saying, but the fans should be ashamed of themselves for allowing ginger here to become a star while other fighters like Bradley who fights everyone & their momma's can't sell $h!t.
          Don't hate on Canelo for that. Blame Bradley's ****ty personality and style for it.

Comment

Another opponent would be K9 Bundrage if he beats Spinks. k9 just signed with Golden Boy.

So it would be an in-house fight and easy to make. Plus a unification fight with the WBC and IBF titles on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              Another opponent would be K9 Bundrage if he beats Spinks. k9 just signed with Golden Boy.

So it would be an in-house fight and easy to make. Plus a unification fight with the WBC and IBF titles on the line.
              I was hoping to see Cotto fight him later this year.

Comment

Kirkland is one of my favorite fighters, and Canelo is pretty damn good. People say he is overrated, but I dont know about that.

I would really want to buy this fight if it was like 50 bucks tops. If its 70 for hd like Mayweather fights then not a chance. I wouldnt even consider it. They also better put on at least 2 other good fights.

Im a little upset with the PPV bs. I think trying to get guys like Canelo and Kirkland on network tv would be better and more lucrative for boxing in the long run. PPV is killing the sport in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post

Meh that **** better be a $25 PPV cause I wouldn't pay $50 for that junk. Plus K-9 fighting 2 months after his fight with Spinks at the age of 40 almost? Probably not. The match up does make sense in a way tho. If you look at the trend they been following with Canelo, putting him in there with shot fighters.

Seriously, at first I was hyped up about him and Im still a fan but it's slowly dying... =/

Comment

Where I was watching the Cotto/Floyd fight there were a lot of females asking about Canelo. This dude if he keeps winning is going to be PPV material.

I don't see Cotto after the Floyd fight that was a huge high paying event along side the praise he is getting taking small fights unless it is a tune up.

Sept. Could easily accomodate a Canelo/Cotto fight that will generate ppv buys.

I just hope they don't go with a Quintana fight. Either Quintana gets blown out or he just puts togeter another upset win since he does so well with pressure fighters

Comment

Canelo headlining a PPV on his own? Good Luck with that GBP!

He is big in Mexico and on a little on the West Coast in the US (California Specifically), but other then that, he is not that big just yet

it better be against a big time opponent and not another old washed up BUM, they are going to have to LOAD UP THE CARD, put Broner in a big match and some of the other GBP fighters

GBP are trying to MICROWAVE Canelo career into a Major Draw and a SUPERSTAR, but they are not fooling anybody, when I see Canelo in the ring, I don't see anything "SPECIAL", fans are not stupid, when I watch Mikey Garcia, Adrien Broner, Gary Russell Jr, Demetrius Andrade, Kell Brook...those guys jump out at you and you can see the talent, even if they are fighting against BUMS, it has been fights even against Bums in which Canelo struggled to get past and did not look good at all

to be fair, I did see some improvement against Mosley...but even Mosley was able to rock him a few times late in that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X