No announcement yet.

Only 10 days left/Rigondeaux-agbeko/Lara-trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
    This is very true. But I don't think it's exactly pure power. I think he generates power from a combination of being perfectly balanced , accuracy , speed and where he places his punches. He has decent pop , but I think with those things he has 1 punch k.O power.

That's why I want to see him be more aggressive. I think he can toy with people. Not only by outboxing them.
    I think your analysis is correct. Rigo has good natural pop, augmented by his great technique. He places his shots nicely, especially to the body. And I think Arum would agree with the bold. lol

Comment

Rigo easy KO. Agbeko was getting beat on in Sparring, the sessions are on youtube.

And Trout throws too many punches with solid defense to boot for Lara. He wins on activity alone.

As for whoever said Molina isn't a world beater.... He'd beat everyone in the world in his division not named Mayweather or Canelo right now. And I think he'd probably get it done against Canelo too. So yeah, He's a world beater at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        Rigo easy KO. Agbeko was getting beat on in Sparring, the sessions are on youtube.

And Trout throws too many punches with solid defense to boot for Lara. He wins on activity alone.

As for whoever said Molina isn't a world beater.... He'd beat everyone in the world in his division not named Mayweather or Canelo right now. And I think he'd probably get it done against Canelo too. So yeah, He's a world beater at 154.
        To be clear, my definition of "world beater" is someone at or near the top of their division. Molina's a solid fighter, an overachiever. He's cagey, but he's a spoiler. I don't think he beats Mayweather, Canelo, Cotto or Trout, and I don't see him beating Lara in a rematch. That puts him in the second-half of the 154 top-ten. Carlos can beat guys like Ishe Smith and Bundrage, who themselves aren't world beaters. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          To be clear, my definition of "world beater" is someone at or near the top of their division. Molina's a solid fighter, an overachiever. He's cagey, but he's a spoiler. I don't think he beats Mayweather, Canelo, Cotto or Trout, and I don't see him beating Lara in a rematch. That puts him in the second-half of the 154 top-ten. Carlos can beat guys like Ishe Smith and Bundrage, who themselves aren't world beaters. Just my opinion.
          I feel you but I think Molina has a chance of beating anyone at 154 that isn't Mayweather. He's a terrible match up against guys like Canelo, Cotto, and Trout. None if hear guys probably want to even fight him because its almost a lose lose situation. Like you said he's a spoiler and even if you do beat him you like like **** doing so. IMO he would beat Lara and would probably beat Cotto. Molina vs Canelo or Trout would be 50/50 fights if Al Haymon or golden boy didnt have the influences they have over the outcomes of their fights.

Comment

Big night for both Cubans and i think both will prevail. Not sure of the outcomes but I think Lara with a decision is the easiest pick to make.

Rigo vs Agbeko is a real good matchup. I hope to see another dominant performance on Rigo's part.

Comment

For those pointing to molina--martisoran-angulos fight they have look a the whole picture; when he fought molina we have to remember that he was a late replacement, he was sick three days before the fight and they want it to cancel the fight, he say no and went ahead with it, he didn't train properly cuz shields was off with Rigondeaux for his fight against casey, he arrived to camp with two weeks left, molinas fault? of course not, but he didn't fought a 100% Lara and still got hurt in the fight, Laras stamina was ***** so could not follow up, I say molina hustle-hug his way to a draw, none of them deserve the win, and no molina is not a world beater, fraud, pacquio, marquez, Rigondeaux etc... Are
              Lara-martisoran was a *****ty fight althought Lara took over from the 5 round on and couldn't miss with the left even if he try, it was a house fighter decision and in some way the armenian fighter quit
              Lara-angulo, oh boy it was a fight but again you have to look at what went on before the fight, rehydratation clause for Lara, none for angulo so fight night a MW was fighting a LW, the smallest ring they could find and memory foam for a mat, he had all the cards stacked against him, on top of that angulo show up in the best shape of his life and on some kind of energy boost, he dropped him twice, hard, still Lara didn't miss a bit and dish out a punishment that the proud mexican warrior couldn't take no more, I think Lara turn a corner on that fight and will put it together this coming 12/7/2013

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                I think Lara looks ordinary when he fights anyone with a pulse. He looked like **** against Molina, Martirosian, and Angulo. Molina in the only world beater out of the three. I expect another lack luster performance from him. The only way this fight ends up being any good is if Trout presses the action. Something he's not known for but, he showed he could do against Canelo.

I think Trout deserves to be the slight favorite, he's the bigger man and has fought the better competition. And even though he was getting out boxed by Canelo that performance was much more impressive than Lara's last victory where he looked like he was on his way to being stopped. It's a pretty dead even fight and will probably be a snooze fest. But I like Trout by close UD.
                While I respect yor comments, I have to disagree with some, I know the bottom line is the results but you have to look at the whole picture,
                Lara-molina almost got cancel do to a tooth infection Lara had three days prior to the fight, molina was a late replacement and Lara couldn't train properly cuz his trainer was off to Ireland with Rigondeaux for his fight with casey, none of this was molinas fault but he didn't win either it was a hug fest and he got tag a few times along the way, he even got real hurt in the 8 or 9 round and was lucky Laras stamina was $h1t, I say he hustle his way to a draw.
                Lara-martisoran was a $h1tty fight althought lara took over from the 5 round on and couldn't miss with the lefte even if he want it to, the draw was a house fighter decision
                Lara-Angulo, common man, he answered a ton of question, chin, desire and heart, and he was setup for fail, the smallest ring they could find and memory foam for a mat, rehydrate clause for him none for angulo, on top of that angulo show up in the best shape of his life or he was on some kind of energy boost, if you take all the facts into consideration your assessments are not that accurate, then again we are going to see it 12/7/2013 and could comment after the fight, thank you for your comments...

Comment

rigo by late TKO and lara by UD

should be a nice night of boxing...

Comment

Lara will be victorious, Lara has a ton of weaknesses but Trout doesn't possess the tools to expose them. Trout doesn't step in with his punches, is technically an arm puncher and like Lara he himself can't fight on the inside so he won't be able to exploit Lara's inability to do so. If anything Lara might mix it up in close because he does have the much superior technique. It's one of those fights where Lara can shoot straight left hands down the middle without much worry for incoming shots, Lara has the much better hand speed and snap to his punches.

Not really impressed with either, both tend to get overrated on here. Personally I don't believe for a second that Trout would have struggled with Angulo as much as Lara did, that said I like Lara in this fight.

Comment

sorry for the double post, the computer(in my job) froze and I started to type again, both post came at the same time, I don't know why, I thought the first one was lost...
                      Last edited by BendOver; 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X