Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is their anyone here that gives Canelo credit for beating Trout???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
    I'll just say that it was a close fight, but the Texas judges were garbage
    so you give him no credit

Comment

Canelo did very well imo. I personally thought he won this fight comfortably. Just go rewatch the fight and look at the expression on Trout's face in the corner between rounds. Starting as early as round 2, he has a disconcerting look on his face while on the stool as if he was thinking to himself "this kid is a lot better than I thought he was".

Canelo was able to hurt Trout several times and drop him, something no one else has ever been able to do. His counter punching was very accurate and the use of the uppercut was very effective.

Comment

i just hope bushbaby didnt hang himself

Comment

Give him credit, but I expected him to win, and he didn't look like a seasoned fighter in there... conditioning was horrible. He looks a lot better in my eyes, but I'm not sold on him being the next big thing....yet. I thought he won 114-113, so wasn't a shut down performance...but still he looked good overall.

Comment

I give him credit for fighting on equal terms with a legit top fighter at 154. Doesn't change that everything about last night was complete and utter bull****.

Comment

I have to give him credit, but only because of 1 reason, I don't judge un-official wins and opinions..whatever the judges say goes.

So regardless of me having Trout winning by 1-2 rounds, I have to give Canelo credit to be fair.

So he gets full credit for beating a legit 154 fighter.

Comment

no. canelo gets zero credit after that robbery. was a complete set up.. the judges, the rematch clause, the open scoring... i'm 70-85% convinced Trout traded an L for $ with DLH.. WHO THE **** GETS ROBBED AND ADMITS DEFEAT??? NOBODY!! still very disgusted and throwing up as i type..

Comment

It was a very good win for Canelo but the scores were ridiculously wide. I was at the fight and everyone around me thought it was a close fight. Canelo had the crowd with him but a lot of people in the Alamodome thought Trout was only one or two points behind even after the knockdown.
                  Also people need to remember he is only 23 years old. Was Floyd, or Pac, or ODL a finished product at that age? He is showing improvements every fight, most notably with his patience and head movement.
                  All things considered it was a very good night for Canelo. I think one PPV under his belt and Floyd will have no excuses, though he will throw up many road blocks.

Comment

I'll give him credit for the win, he beat a good fighter. Though I scored the fight for Trout, but neither guy really impressed me at all. I left the fight feeling underwhelmed by both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      It was a very good win for Canelo but the scores were ridiculously wide. I was at the fight and everyone around me thought it was a close fight. Canelo had the crowd with him but a lot of people in the Alamodome thought Trout was only one or two points behind even after the knockdown.
                      Also people need to remember he is only 23 years old. Was Floyd, or Pac, or ODL a finished product at that age? He is showing improvements every fight, most notably with his patience and head movement.
                      All things considered it was a very good night for Canelo. I think one PPV under his belt and Floyd will have no excuses, though he will throw up many road blocks.
                      I believe Trout won 1 to 3 rounds max, including the last round. Canelo is a boss, deal with it! XD

Comment

Working...
                      X