No announcement yet.

Which Brawler had the best Chin..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
    Roberto Duran had a good chin. Shane Mosley has a great chin, Hagler had a great chin.
    None of them are really under the category as BRAWLERS IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
      He's been hurt a lot, but not put away. The Hopkins fight he just got Outboxed the WHOLE fight and got hit at WILL but Hopkins still couldn't put him away. Against Taylor, he kind of let his hands down and taylor knocked him down, but Got up and won. I think his Chin is pretty Solid. And someone who usually has a LITTLE boxing ability and more Punching ability is BRAWLER IMO LoL
      I agree with this.

Pavlik has a good chin, he can't take shots like Marvin Hagler but his chin is solid.

In addition to that he has good recovery, so that after he absorbs the shot he can get his head together even if he was sparked a little bit. It shows that he's focused, he's in great shape and he's in it to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        He did have underrated defense but his main objective was getting on the inside and doing his work, he wasn't afraid to take punches because he knew his chin/will was better then yours. His fight against Rosario is the perfect example, they brawled on the inside for 11 rounds with Chavez getting the better of it but taking some huge shots in the process.

Who can we really classify as a brawler anyways? A Ricardo Mayorga or Gatti who just threw wild punches hoping to land his first?

Ward also had an amazing chin, you could beat on him for days and he kept coming.
        I agree that sometimes the line between brawler/puncher and boxer/puncher can be unclear sometimes. Chavez is one of the guys that could be in that gray area between the two.

I just think its important to note in a discussion like this that Chavez is way too often misunderstood by casual fans who have heard the name but haven't seen much more than a few highlights as a "warrior" who lacked fine technical skills. He actually had great finesse and boxing ability to go with his pressure and big punches, a lot like Kostya Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
          both, ive seen him brawl when he didnt have too ,best example is pac vs morales round 12
          the reason why morales had a great chin in that fight is

pac aint wearing his (punchers) gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by johncs08 View Post
            the reason why morales had a great chin in that fight is

pac aint wearing his (punchers) gloves.
            LOL i remember hearing about that.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
              Which Brawler had the best Chin of all time.. And im talking about Brawlers like Hatton, Corrales, Mayorga, Gatti, etc. About fighters who weren't known as boxers but fighters who threw punches and got hit. discuss
              Pacquiao FTW

Comment

Marvelous Marvin Hagler, walked through tommy hearns best shots, roberto duran, sugar ray leonard and out chined john "the beast mugabe" who had never lost before to name just a few. i've seen alot of his fights and have never once seen him on the floor or ever seen him wince from pain. i think he would take lamotta at middle weight aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
                  Marvelous Marvin Hagler, walked through tommy hearns best shots, roberto duran, sugar ray leonard and out chined john "the beast mugabe" who had never lost before to name just a few. i've seen alot of his fights and have never once seen him on the floor or ever seen him wince from pain. i think he would take lamotta at middle weight aswell.
                  I would've mentioned him earlier, but the thread is about brawlers.

Hagler was a boxer-puncher.

He could take a great shot.

Comment

Originally posted by HaymakerJAB View Post
                    Pacquiao FTW
                    LOL how could i forget Pac man. He was a one dimensional fighter that brawled with you. Has a GREAT CHIN. but can't forget he was a Brawler. Now he is a Boxer/Puncher that doesn't get hit as much as he did and using his angles and footwork way more.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
                      That was more of a Declining Marvin Hagler IMO. Before the Duran/Hearns/Leonard/Mugabe fight, Hagler used GREAT boxing ability and won that way. But in the Hearns Mugabe fight he showed he can be a brawler and went Balls to the wall. In the Duran fight, he boxed his way back to the victory. In the Leonard Fight, to me it didn't look like the Hagler we were used too. Leonard ran and flurried and the rest is history with a decision that many dispute to this day.

Comment

Working...
                      X