No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Garcia Unseats Salido, Golovkin Batters Rosado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Garcia Unseats Salido, Golovkin Batters Rosado

The Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York - Mikey Garcia (31-0, 26 KOs) captured the WBO featherweight crown by unseating Orlando “Siri” Salido (39-12-2, 27 KOs) with an eight round technical decision. Salido went down four time in the fight. The match was stopped in the eight round after Garcia's nose was broken from a Salido headbutt. The scores were 79-70, 79-69, 79-69 for Garcia.

[Click Here To Read More]

I was rooting for Salido but García was winning BIG & had won almost all the rounds they fought, but Salido was coming on & going for broke(he has a do or die warrior attitude) but the way García's corner decided to stop the fight & go to the cards left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, especially the one's that were rooting for Salido(like Me).. But can't blame them since it was obvious they were ahead on all cards & ¿why risk further damage?.. Plus Mickey wasn't too thrilled by the way the fight ended.. Now the question is¿Would Gacía & his corner had continued if it was caused by a punch or if it was close fight or if Salido was ahead? Cause this is boxing & there's a good chance he could get his nose broken again & the next time it could be by a punch..

Comment

Even thou Rosado lost, just the fact that he was coming up in weight & did not accept to fight at any catch weight & was fighting a guy many of the top real middleweights are avoiding & showed he was game & had a no quit attitude & actually did better than many thought he would do(a lot of people including myself thought Golovkin would steam roll Rosado) his stock actually went up.. Now he could go back down to his weight & definitely has the pedigree to challenge the elite at that weight..

Comment

^ well if it's caused by the punch and they quit, then the win would be awarded to salido, simple as that

Comment

hmmm I think it's obvious that GGG wore white shorts so that he can cover it with the blood of gabe LOL actually that's what I thought at the beginning of the 1st round that he's just there to batter and kill the king

Comment

B.S. stoppage!!! Salido will win the rematch.

Comment

Ouch my nose hurts

Comment

Golovkin looked really good not sure if he can pose a threat to Martinez though.

Comment

I don't really like the way they stopped the fight Garcia wasn't even hurt.

Comment

Salido got his butt handed to him and will get ko' next time. He was lucky it was stopped. He was already resorting to dirty fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X