Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Shame Oscar, Vargas and others went out of their way to avoid Vernon Forrest.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Shame Oscar, Vargas and others went out of their way to avoid Vernon Forrest.

It's a shame no one wanted a piece of him at 147 or 154.

I really don't think you can accuse Vargas or Oscar of ducking people lol. They have very good resumes, especially Oscar; one of the best ever resumes.

Comment

Dangerous fighter with not much of a mass appeal = people will duck...

Vernon was a very good fighter, unfortunately never crossed over to the general public...but he didn't need to. He had great wins under his belt including giving a prime Shane Mosley his 1st loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
        I really don't think you can accuse Vargas or Oscar of ducking people lol. They have very good resumes, especially Oscar; one of the best ever resumes.
        Meh. Oscar should have fought Vernon instead of looking after a Floyd rematch, and definitely should have fought him instead of Pacquiao.

Comment

ducking maybe too strong a word, but it was clear alot of boxers wanted no part of Forrest... he had world class skills, height, reach and a good jab... he was tough to beat

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
            Agreed, although towards the end it wasnt oscar ducking people it was just oscar becoming a star and only wanting money fights. Vargas didnt duck him in my opinion, he fought Winky Wright and Ike Quarty its but one of those things where both fighters probably didnt care about fighting the pther cuz they wanted a more known name to fight.

RIP Vernon

Comment

He was too good for his own good.

Nobody wanted any of that.

Viper would've beat them all.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                It's a shame no one wanted a piece of him at 147 or 154.
                you can't really feel sorry for someone not getting fights when that person also ducked people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  you can't really feel sorry for someone not getting fights when that person also ducked people.
                  Martinez? pfft. That guy struggled with Kermit Cintron.

Comment

What about Trinidad-Forrest?

Comment

Working...
                    X