I'm NOT sold on Cotto.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
    wow bro, just wow....

so mosley was coming off a 6 fight win streak and the loss before the 6 wins was to winky wright at 154. 4 years before he fought mayweather, where he was really out of his prime.

clottey was a meh win....

judah was an awesome win for him, which frankly catapulted his career.

and as far as the margarito fight not counting? lmao. margarito didn't even win one round, but yet you want to discredit the win, but i guess you knew he was going to ko cotto in the 11th huh? Did rios beat Abril too?

you have a sig of cotto "taking a knee" from the margarito fight, where it is highly questionable win afor that matter because of the fact that we can't prove it, margarito might have been working as a spokesperson for the ready-mix cement company, and when cotto gets his win against him in the second fight, it doesn't count to u. wow....
    Cottos best wins were over Mosely and Clottey
    And a lot of people would agrere with me bro... Just saying! Cotto was good and close to being great but like they say " close but no cigar"

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      Cottos best wins were over Mosely and Clottey
      And a lot of people would agrere with me bro... Just saying! Cotto was good and close to being great but like they say " close but no cigar"
      no one is arguing for atg status here, but yo're not gonna discredit so easy now.

also answer to the rest of my response to you, you have a lot of explaining to do. especially as to why the marg win doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        no one is arguing for atg status here, but yo're not gonna discredit so easy now.

also answer to the rest of my response to you, you have a lot of explaining to do. especially as to why the marg win doesn't count.
        Alright bro here it is. In the second Margarito vs Cotto fight, Margarito was shot to ****. You can't deny that Margs was just a shadow of what he once was, he had no speed and was so ****en slow, he could not throw punches and bunches in combinations like he use to and was once known for . He was called The Tijuana Tornado because of the volume of punches he would throw. As far as wether or not Margarito used TRACES of plaster against Cotto on their first fight, we will never know. What I do know is that the Margarito that lost to Cotto in their second fight, is not the Man they once called The tijuana Tornado, but merely a shadow of that man. So iMO Cotto gets no credit for that win. I respect your opinion bro, let's leave it that.

Comment

i seriously came in here to defend cotto but i cant defend him cause he is a really really great fighter but i dont know who the hell as a win of his opponents was a incredidible win or at least remarkable since he lost all his big fights, , lol, he fought stepping stones fighters and anyone that was put in front of him but the guys he beat were never great or very good, lol, saying what i said, lol, cotto was still better than most guys and he was a true solid champ, lol, he wasnt to be taken lightly

Comment

I have Ricardo Mayorgas nephew in the gym with us. He's got 1 pro fight with 1 win. Kid is very talented and fights nothing like his uncle.

He was in camp with Cotto as well as another fighter of ours named Edvan Barros from Brazil. Both told me Cotto put 3 sparring partners in the hospital.

I have all the respect for Cotto, dude is a pro, works hard and is very skilled. I just don't think he's close to being on JMM's level. That isn't meant to be disrespectful.

Comment

Alright bro here it is. In the second Margarito vs Cotto fight, Margarito was shot to ****. You can't deny that Margs was just a shadow of what he once was, he had no speed and was so ****en slow, he could not throw punches and bunches in combinations like he use to and was once known for . He was called The Tijuana Tornado because of the volume of punches he would throw. As far as wether or not Margarito used TRACES of plaster against Cotto on their first fight, we will never know. What I do know is that the Margarito that lost to Cotto in their second fight, is not the Man they once called The tijuana Tornado, but merely a shadow of that man. So iMO Cotto gets no credit for that win. I respect your opinion bro, let's leave it that.
              when did margarito show signs of being shot? he always had a limited boxing ability first of all. when he started training with robert garcia his physique greatly improved. You might think he was shot due to the fact that he was completely neutralized by pac and cotto because of the boxing plan they brought to the fight. he couldn't throw as many punches cuz he was constantly getting hit in the face even though "cotto pega como una nena" yea his eye wasn't the same, but he looked the same limited boxer in there to me as ever.

you might be thinking that after he got caught with the plaster he wasn't the same, and i'll agree with that. But he never really showed signs of being shot. being shot is seeing morales (which is terrible by the way) thats being shot. NOT margarito.

Margarito had the chin any mortal would dream of, and ungodly stamina as well. That is something that made him look better and win more fights than his actual boxing talent would have ever allowed him to.

Such the case being like rocky martinez, although we haven't seen his chin really tested yet, his body was against burgos though lol, and it showed the last two rounds.

i'm def. not arguing for all time status here a la marquez. but anyone would probably agree that he's borderline hall of fame.

Comment

So a rican talks about a mexican fighter and someone gets buthurt and writes another lame thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                  So a rican talks about a mexican fighter and someone gets buthurt and writes another lame thread.
                  yea its crazy...

all i was really saying is that i thought barrera would beat him in his prime is all, clowns started shedding tears and everything.

just the usual crybabies, not the ones who actually had someinsight and good personal opinions to contribute to the thread.

oh and some other clown made a thread with the same title except it was on clottey lol..

Comment

He's an over paid gatekeeper that showed talent at 140 before he was ruined by Margarito and Pacquiao. His best wins were arguably loses and his entire career is based on getting vacant titles and going 12 rounds with Mayorga. Every time he's stepped up he's gotten beat up.

That's my honest opinion on him. I still like watching him though. He makes for some entertaining fights. When he's not retreating in a submissive matter.

Comment

His two best wins were against Mosely and Clottey, Margarito's win dont count. But in honesty Cotto was an exciting fighter.
                      Yea, Marg's win doesn't count because he's shit without his plastered wraps.

Cotto is a good fighter but he's no Marquez, which was pretty much the point of the thread starter.

Comment

Working...
                      X