Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about Adrien Broner

First off I'm not an AB hater.

However.....

Broner is NOT an elite fighter... He is a good undefeated fighter coming up that hasn't fought anyone yet. I just watched his fight against Paulie and even though I had him winning the fight, he looked flat footed and sluggish. Not how an elite fighter should look.

I'm a Broner fan too I think he's a funny dude... But when he says he is top 5 p4p he is just trolling there's no way he thinks he deserves to be top 5 p4p. Even if he thinks he capable of being top 5 p4p he knows he is no where near yet.

Anyway I'm doing too much hating I need to neutralize it with some good things to say about him. He's overall a good young undefeated fighter. He has great defense, his power is there even though it will be neutralized against elite fighters. I like his song "On everything" and his verse with Soulja Boy. I saw his sex tape his penis looks like it's about 9inches but he fornicates like a snail. He's a pretty good rapper for a boxer. He's multi-talented...

Here's a list of fighter of how I think will stack up against Broner at 147lbs.

List of fighters that will beat Broner 100% guaranteed. No risk involved at all, it's like putting money in the bank or investing in a treasury bond or a T-Bill you will get your money.
    The list of fighters are:
    Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bradley, Miguel Cotto Amir Khan (his style will cause Broner problems)

List of fighter that will most likely beat Broner:
    Danny Garcia, Brandon Rios, Mike Alvarado, Ruslan P, Lucas M, Marquez

Fights that will go either way:
    Zab Judah, Marcos Maidana

Overall I don't think Broner can beat a single elite fighter and he'll be an underdog in my opinion against a lot of good fighters.
    Last edited by goofy_; 12-05-2013, 03:23 AM.

he had a burst at the end of one of the late rounds where he was lighting fast on his feet, even Mayweather looked genuinely in awe of it.

Comment

No fighter is flawless everytime out there; his personality makes people say I told you so he isn't that good. If he would KO'd Paulie like people predicted it just would have been he picked on the weakest WW titleholder. I think he has all the talent in the world but I quite don't see him living up to it he's caught up in the fame to early.

Comment

I gotta agree. I'm not hating on the guy, I just try to give boxing my honest and unbiased view.

Broner's a good fighter at best. Though, he looked lost against Malignaggi, which is the realest fighter he's fought to date. Maidana/Broner looks to be very 50/50, it goes either way for me. As much as I think Broner is rude and obnoxious. I think he's alright, he does a few things right but it doesn't really amount to the stuff he doesn't do. His days are numbered for sure, it's only a matter of time.

There are a lot of guys out there that can beat Broner and when he runs into one of them, we'll see his true grit. Regardless, I give him respect for being in the ring but it takes more than a gold smile, some chains and talking your opponent up enough just to make yourself look good, to actually be worth some respect.

End of the day; he needs skills, I think he's C+ at best.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
          I gotta agree. I'm not hating on the guy, I just try to give boxing my honest and unbiased view.

Broner's a good fighter at best. Though, he looked lost against Malignaggi, which is the realest fighter he's fought to date. Maidana/Broner looks to be very 50/50, it goes either way for me. As much as I think Broner is rude and obnoxious. I think he's alright, he does a few things right but it doesn't really amount to the stuff he doesn't do. His days are numbered for sure, it's only a matter of time.

There are a lot of guys out there that can beat Broner and when he runs into one of them, we'll see his true grit. Regardless, I give him respect for being in the ring but it takes more than a gold smile, some chains and talking your opponent up enough just to make yourself look good, to actually be worth some respect.

End of the day; he needs skills, I think he's C+ at best.
          Your view may be unbiased but it's ******ed.

Broner Vs Maidana 50/50 seriously where do you get this stuff. Maidana was running from Lopez and was there to be stopped in that fight. Was rocked and (IMO) lost to an old Morales and in his biggest win to date was down 3 times

When Broner beats Maidana worse than he did Demarco he will be hyped up again.

Comment

Broner is not elite yet. I agree. I disagree with the list of fighters you think can beat him.

Broner may be a clown-but he has a great, smart trainer and is backed by powerful interests. He will get big fights and will have a good gameplan.

Too much attention is focused on Broner not KOing paulie. Not enough attetion is focused on how he clearly beat a true ww in his 1st fight up from LW.

Comment

He hasnt fought a complete fighter yet and it may be a long time until he does so we may not know for awhile. Fight against Paulie didnt show anything either way, good or bad.

He will beat Maidana because Chino leaves himself fat after he punches. Broner will have no trouble scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Broner is not elite yet. I agree. I disagree with the list of fighters you think can beat him.

Broner may be a clown-but he has a great, smart trainer and is backed by powerful interests. He will get big fights and will have a good gameplan.

Too much attention is focused on Broner not KOing paulie. Not enough attetion is focused on how he clearly beat a true ww in his 1st fight up from LW.
                Nobody rated Paulie that highly as a welterweight, and I don't think he's getting criticised purely because he didn't ko him. It's because he didn't look good and there's a case to be made that he lost.

I think Broner's pretty good. But I'm not convinced he's quite good enough at what he does to not get pushed out of his comfort zone against top opposition. And the problem isn't that he gets knocked out of his comfort zone, it's that he looks very flustered and ineffective when that happens. He looks stiff-legged and one dimensional.

Can still see him beating good opponents, but stylistically he needs new looks if he's to go all the way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Nobody rated Paulie that highly as a welterweight, and I don't think he's getting criticised purely because he didn't ko him. It's because he didn't look good and there's a case to be made that he lost.
                  I think Broner's pretty good. But I'm not convinced he's quite good enough at what he does to not get pushed out of his comfort zone against top opposition. And the problem isn't that he gets knocked out of his comfort zone, it's that he looks very flustered and ineffective when that happens. He looks stiff-legged and one dimensional.

Can still see him beating good opponents, but stylistically he needs new looks if he's to go all the way to the top.
                  How so? If you don't mind further explaining. I've watched the fight a few times and not once did I give Paulie more than 4 or 5 rounds. It's great he threw 700 or so punches but he didn't land as much as Broner that's for sure and when he did land it did absolutely nothing. Also for the better part of the fight he was circling around the ring nonstop getting caught. Paulie lacked in every judging department in this fight except punch output/activity so how can a case be made that he won?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Only reason to bring attention to Broner not KOing Malinaggi is because Broner was confident on the ko, he was guaranteeing it was going to happen. he said he was going to KILL him. A ton of people thought AB was gonna steamroll through Malinaggi

Comment

Working...
                    X