No announcement yet.

Ali or Louis. Wh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    With Foreman, it wouldn't really be a stylistic issue. Its simply because prime George hits that hard and has height, reach, weight advantages and is so dangerous in the early rounds. Louis was not that elusive, he would take some frightening shots. Granted Louis might well recover from the storm and catch a tired fading Foreman late, but I wouldn't bet on the match.

With Holmes it would be a stylistic issue. Louis didn't ever look good against movers and against Holmes he'd have to deal with a guy with a telescopic reach as well as other physical advantages. Holmes would be a tougher task than Farr, Conn or Walcott. Louis again might well catch Holmes down the stretch, but its a very tough call. Holmes was a tough sod to knock out and I could see him taking quite an early points lead. Again, not a fight I'd bet on.

In a series of fights I could see these guys each taking wins over Louis.
    Louis-Foreman would have to end early. I don't think either could weather an early storm by the other, not with the way they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Translation: "I have no counter point."

And yes you did say that.

Don't embarrass yourself by denying what everybody can read.
      don't flatter yourself

I never said ''body punches are the end all and be all of greatness'', stop lying and misinterpreting what I've said.

and you came back with your lame argument trying to convince me that head punches are better than body punches (which was never my point) because Ali knocked George out there is not much to counter here for it's ridiculous

All I'm doing is comparing Ali's style and technique to the one of Louis. When I rank them I don't solely look at their resume. I believe that Louis is a more complete fighter, and being a complete fighter requests boxing basics first, and body punching is basic.

Name me a head hunter who is considered to be the greatest of his weight class apart from Ali. You see what I'm talking about now ?...

Pep 126 ? Arguello 130 ? Duran 135 ? Chavez 140 ? Robinson 147 ? McCallum 154 ? Hagler 160 ? Calzaghe 168 ? Charles 175 ? Holyfield 190 ?

You see... these guys were all commited body punchers AMONG OTHER THINGS. It was part of their arsenal, as it should be.

Yes : I believe lack of body punching is a big defect, and it is a factor in my assessment of Ali's ranking AMONG OTHER THINGS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
        don't flatter yourself

I never said ''body punches are the end all and be all of greatness'', stop lying and misinterpreting what I've said.

and you came back with your lame argument trying to convince me that head punches are better than body punches (whkich was never my point) because Ali knocked George out there is not much to counter here for it's ridiculous

All I'm doing is comparing Ali's style and technique to the one of Louis. When I rank them I don't solely look at their resume. I believe that Louis is a more complete fighter, and being a complete fighter requests boxing basics first, and body punching is basic.

Name me a head hunter who is considered to be the greatest of his weight class apart from Ali. You see what I'm talking about now ?...

Pep 126 ? Arguello 130 ? Duran 135 ? Chavez 140 ? Robinson 147 ? McCallum 154 ? Hagler 160 ? Calzaghe 168 ? Charles 175 ? Holyfield 190 ?

You see... these guys were all commited body punchers AMONG OTHER THINGS. It was part of their arsenal, as it should be.

Yes : I believe lack of body punching is a big defect, and it is a factor in my assessment of Ali's ranking AMONG OTHER THINGS.

You said "How can Ali be considered the greatest" by head hunting without body punches. Nothing else needs to said about that. End of story. Everybody can read it so the only one lying is you. I never said "head punches were better than body punches" I said it worked for Ali who had the superior strategy against Foreman. You have no counter point to that other than to call it "lame" and lie about what I said. Show everybody where I said "head punches are better". When you can't, we'll see who the liar is.

It's already been established that Ali did work the body primarily with his jab. And whether you like it or not a jab is a punch that can be used as a weapon in the ring. Deal with it.

And you keep contadicting yourself. You say you don't use body punches as the end all and be all of greatness but you keep using it. You're not fooling me with that BS.

And you've already convinced me(and probably others) how ignorant you are by claiming Ali was not impressive in his comeback by saying "so what" to everything he did. You admitted you knew little about Louis. Time to admit you know next to nothing about Ali either. Ali just laid on the ropes and waited for Foreman to get tired huh? LOL
        Last edited by joseph5620; 11-29-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          I read a Great article on the pair's friendship, i'll try and look it out when i get the chance actually as its worth posting.
          I've got a whole load of pictures of them together and knew they were friends, read a little bit about them in a book I can't remember but not an article, would be interested .

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            You said "How can Ali be considered the greatest" by head hunting without body punches. Nothing else needs to said about that. End of story. Everybody can read it so the only one lying is you. I never said "head punches were better than body punches" I said it worked for Ali who had the superior strategy against Foreman. You have no counter point to that other than to call it "lame" and lie about what I said. Show everybody where I said "head punches are better". When you can't, we'll see who the liar is.

It's already been established that Ali did work the body primarily with his jab. And whether you like it or not a jab is a punch that can be used as a weapon in the ring. Deal with it.

And you keep contadicting yourself. You say you don't use body punches as the end all and be all of greatness but you keep using it. You're not fooling me with that BS.

And you've already convinced me(and probably others) how ignorant you are by claiming Ali was not impressive in his comeback by saying "so what" to everything he did. You admitted you knew little about Louis. Time to admit you know next to nothing about Ali either. Ali just laid on the ropes and waited for Foreman to get tired huh? LOL
            you're stubborn and you duck my arguments, I'm done here

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
              you're stubborn and you duck my arguments, I'm done here

Come back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                George doesn't have the defence to stop him walking into Louis' accurate power shots in my opinion.

Your right, George would ship some heavy leather. They both would........but I'd wager that Foreman's chin was a touch better. If Louis made it past rounds five or six, he'd probably win, but for five rounds or so it'd be very tough for Louis.

I don't think Louis was ever hit by punches as hard as Foreman's. Baer would have had a shot, but let let so few rights loose when they met. As concussive as Schmelling, Walcott and Marciano were, I think Foreman's power would be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Louis-Foreman would have to end early. I don't think either could weather an early storm by the other, not with the way they fight.

I think it would have to be Foreman early or Louis late.

Foreman's chin was too good and he was too strong to be knocked out early. I don't think there is a man in history who could knock out prime Foreman in under five rounds.

Comment

Foreman's chin was too good and he was too strong to be knocked out early. I don't think there is a man in history who could knock out prime Foreman in under five rounds.
                    Sonny could have. And I think Louis could too, but that's about it.

Comment

I see Louis middle as a very probable outcome and the most likely.

Louis would likely get dropped just by being knocked of balance as he adjusts to Foremans power.

Comment

Working...
                      X