No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry talks about his carrere a lil bit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
    I remember he was part of the commentary team for one of Foreman's post-Ali comeback fights and came across as lucid and intelligent. It's a tragedy how he ended up, and how he was allowed to end up that way. He should never have fought again after Norton.

Quarry was the best pro boxer that I've ever heard do commentary. That includes up to now. A lot of the damage that he suffered from was because his sadistic father made the brothers beat each others brains out when they were kids. It caught up to all of them (Jerry, Mike, Bobby) by the time they were middle aged.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Quarry was the best pro boxer that I've ever heard do commentary. That includes up to now. A lot of the damage that he suffered from was because his sadistic father made the brothers beat each others brains out when they were kids. It caught up to all of them (Jerry, Mike, Bobby) by the time they were middle aged.
      i have some Quarry home-movie footage of Jerry & Mike sparring when they was young guys and believe me it is brutal stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
        I remember he was part of the commentary team for one of Foreman's post-Ali comeback fights and came across as lucid and intelligent. It's a tragedy how he ended up, and how he was allowed to end up that way. He should never have fought again after Norton.
        He should never have fought Norton as he was just a shell of his former self by that time

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Which is eerily similar to how Wilfred Benitez' father raised him and his brothers. Look at him now.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            i have some Quarry home-movie footage of Jerry & Mike sparring when they was young guys and believe me it is brutal stuff
            I bet they weren't even wearing headgear. It was no secret in So Cal what a lowlife Jack Quarry was.

Comment

Working...
            X