Suicide net to be built on the Golden Gate Bridge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
    Thinking about I can see how it could take 50 million dollars

First you gotta set up a committee to see if the net is needed.

Then set up a committee on what type of net its gonna be.

Set up another committee on what material it should be made of.

Then another committee on what colour it will be

Then set up a focus group to assess whether the net will offend ethnic minorities or the pro-death lobby(their human right to die).

All the while these committee's are working, they will be paid salaries to talk. Then after that theres the small matter of actually implementing it.

Who said beaurocracy is a waste of time?
    not even that.. 8,981 feet of net is a lot of net! Then you have to install that *****..
    It's bad enough that they take a whole year to paint the bridge and they start repainting before the whole bridge has been painted on the side they started on.
    I imagine the net would need maintenance and would have to be replaced ever so often.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
      Thinking about I can see how it could take 50 million dollars

First you gotta set up a committee to see if the net is needed.

Then set up a committee on what type of net its gonna be.

Set up another committee on what material it should be made of.

Then another committee on what colour it will be

Then set up a focus group to assess whether the net will offend ethnic minorities or the pro-death lobby(their human right to die).

All the while these committee's are working, they will be paid salaries to talk. Then after that theres the small matter of actually implementing it.

Who said beaurocracy is a waste of time?
      hahaha!!!

that reminds me of that dry erase flowchart that the 2 Bobs had in Office Space that said: "Planning to Plan"

i'm currently listening to one of these guys yack my boss' ears off in the conference room right now. i fucking despise these guys. my boss is paying this guy as a "consultant" to "strategically enhance business development".

basically he's getting paid to create the illusion that he's useful. it's real simple, if this guy knew about business development then he'd be pulling up in a Ferrari. he wouldn't ask for a retainer fee at least! he'd put his $$$ where his mouth is by refusing any upfront money and instead ask for a percentage of the profits that he's promising to raise.
      i just heard him say "Dave, did you know that one of the hardest things to sell is yourself? It's true because..."

fuck, i wanna punch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        not even that.. 8,981 feet of net is a lot of net! Then you have to install that *****..
        It's bad enough that they take a whole year to paint the bridge and they start repainting before the whole bridge has been painted on the side they started on.
        I imagine the net would need maintenance and would have to be replaced ever so often.
        **** maintaining that net. If they really wanted to die that much they would just aim for the holes when they jump!

They could also set up 'Strictly No Suicide' zones at certain intervals. To be enforced by a net...............oh ****

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
          like lighting themselves on fire. those monks on the cover of the self titled RATM album knew how to kick ass.
          That was more of a martar type thing (dying for a cause) then a suicide.
          The Buddhist monks where being opressed by the Christians in Vietnam and Thich Quan Duc decided to take one for the team. After the picture got so much attention around the world President John F. Kennedy decided to withdraw support Ngo Dinh Diem's government.
          How that man could sit there scorched in flames and not even so much as flinch or cry out in pain, I do not know. That's some kick ass "**** you" type **** right there.

Comment

I actually read about this a few days ago after reading something about that French guy who walked across the Twin Towers in the 70's. The random stuff some of us read lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
              hahaha!!!

that reminds me of that dry erase flowchart that the 2 Bobs had in Office Space that said: "Planning to Plan"

i'm currently listening to one of these guys yack my boss' ears off in the conference room right now. i fucking despise these guys. my boss is paying this guy as a "consultant" to "strategically enhance business development".

basically he's getting paid to create the illusion that he's useful. it's real simple, if this guy knew about business development then he'd be pulling up in a Ferrari. he wouldn't ask for a retainer fee at least! he'd put his $$$ where his mouth is by refusing any upfront money and instead ask for a percentage of the profits that he's promising to raise.
              i just heard him say "Dave, did you know that one of the hardest things to sell is yourself? It's true because..."

fuck, i wanna punch him.
              I know how you feel man. i really do.

We have to get these outside focus groups to assess almost every project we undertake. They come in, talk for ages, slow everything down, and do not solve anything, because they dont actually know the ins and outs of the projects so when confronted with the facts they have no answer. Then the bossess complain that too much money is being spent. So they hire one of the 'consultants' like your boss does. Who basically just says what the boss wants to hear. I'm convinced theyre just on a blag and cant believe how they've fooled these company bosses into paying for something they dont need.

It just becomes this tediously enraging vicious circle. Nothing is ever able to get done and its us who get the flak when **** isnt finished on time.

If you get pissed off enough give the 'consultant' a punch from me aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                That was more of a martar type thing (dying for a cause) then a suicide.
                The Buddhist monks where being opressed by the Christians in Vietnam and Thich Quan Duc decided to take one for the team. After the picture got so much attention around the world President John F. Kennedy decided to withdraw support Ngo Dinh Diem's government.
                How that man could sit there scorched in flames and not even so much as flinch or cry out in pain, I do not know. That's some kick ass "**** you" type **** right there.
                yeah i know but i think that these bridge jumpers should do that too. make a statement!

Comment

Working...
                X