No announcement yet.

NBC fighters are not exclusive to NBC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    That still sucks though, because boxing is why I have Showtime. If they aren't going to have marquee fights on Showtime, what is the point to having it at all?
    homeland. movies.

but yea boxing is really why I have showtime. It would be tragic if they no longer had good fights.

Comment

Lose 2 fights on NBC? Back to Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        HBO's commentary isn't great but you don't need play-by-play as much anymore. You need analysis this isn't the days of the radio only it's a TV broadcast where you can see what is going on. You don't need someone to tell you every move.
        agree ....hockey drives me nuts with that

Comment

ok thats fine but is haymon going to work with other promoters? he doesn't have the top guys except at 140. is haymon going to let his fighters fight on hbo if they are offered a career high payday?

Comment

Why would they be exclusive? Isn't that a huge disadvantage for such exclusive fighters? Also, does this mean NBC still gets to dictate which fighters they want after getting $20 million from Haymon?

Seems a senseless topic and a stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 22k View Post
              Lose 2 fights on NBC? Back to Showtime
              Tweet that joke to Espinoza.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                ok thats fine but is haymon going to work with other promoters? he doesn't have the top guys except at 140. is haymon going to let his fighters fight on hbo if they are offered a career high payday?
                Not likely. His MO sense his concert days has been to control all aspects of his product. Instead of an IBF/WBC/WBA/WBO champion, we'll have the PBC champion.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                  Why would they be exclusive? Isn't that a huge disadvantage for such exclusive fighters? Also, does this mean NBC still gets to dictate which fighters they want after getting $20 million from Haymon?

Seems a senseless topic and a stupid thread.
                  Based on what Watson told Campbell in the follow-up, it sounds like exclusive for NBC to hold the ppv's. That makes perfect sense as NBC would be able to advertise for the ppv more broadly (and less costly).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

So it's mismatches on Showtime again... now I have to really decide if the shows are enough to pay for the subscription. I won't be watching bull**** cards anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X