No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez ended the Mayweather/Pacquiao debate forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
    Quit starting threads, no one is going to read a whole essay when you just made your account now to post your opinion.
    yes cause I made my account in august knowing The outcome of pac vs jmm3 and was just waiting to post my pre made essay.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
      I believe that Marquez was robbed. I had him winning 117-111. Before I watched the fight I listed to peoples thoughts on it and almost all of them had Marquez winning handily and said that the commentators were very biased, which convinced me to watch it with no sound for all 12 rounds so that the commentators had no bearing whatsoever on how I scored it. What I saw was that Marquez dominated the fight, he won almost every exchange and hurt Manny several times. Manny never hurt him and it wasn't even close. You saw Manny's face in the ring after the fight, he KNEW that he lost and all of the fans knew it too because they fiercely booed him. In the last 3 years people have been fooled into thinking Pacquiao has really improved as a fighter when in reality his opponents have just gotten worse and worse, and almost everyone bought it and thought he would just blow JMM out of the water. I didn't. People must realise that styles make fights and all of these guys that Pacquiao had been beating since the Marquez rematch have been one dimensional, flat footed, slow, old and coming off losses. It's easy to look spectacular when your opposition is so terrible.

He's had 3 attempts at Marquez, and most people think that he should have lost all 3 times. Now let's compare that with Mayweather. He fought Marquez once and Marquez didn't win a single round, and this was more than two years ago, more than two years closer to Marquez's prime than he is now. That tells you everything you need to know. Pacquiao is not in Mayweather's class. Marquez is closer to Floyd's level than Pacquiao is. Pacquiao only ever looks good when he fights flat footed bums with no defence or movement. I still want to see the fight, but only to see Floyd prove a point and shut up all of these idiots that support Pacquiao. Not because I think it is going to be a great fight or a really interesting fight. It wouldn't be. It would be a one sided beatdown. People laughed when Floyd said it would be easier than the Marquez fight, but I really think it would be. I see Freddie Roach stopping the fight in the corner after a very similar beating to the one that Arturo Gatti suffered. Pacquiao has no defence whatsoever and he lunges in so much that I just see him taking a hell of a lot of clean, hard shots against the most accurate and precise boxer in the sport. He would be landing almost nothing and getting hit with almost everything. I find it incredibly hard to imagine him winning a round against Floyd, nevermind the fight itself.

I don't think the fight will happen because now that Freddie Roach and Bob Arum saw Pacquiao's limitations exposed to the world, I think they will be even more cautious in who they match him up against. People have and will continue to wrongly blame Floyd for the fight not happening if it doesn't happen, but I think that Marquez showed us that Pacquiao isn't anywhere near as good as he is hyped up to be. He's not an all time great and Floyd doesn't need to beat him to prove his status as one of the best ever. He's been proving that since 1998. He's beaten 21 world champions and only one of them (Castillo) was even competitive. The rest got completely dominated. He's been consistently fighting the best and consistently dominating the best. Unlike Pacquiao, who can only dominate people if they are old, weight drained, flat footed and coming off losses. There is no debate anymore when it comes to Mayweather and Pacquiao. Pacquiao is just a media hype job who is doing well because he is on steroids. They are trying to make you believe that he is something that he is not, but the truth always comes to light and Marquez revealed the truth, which is that Pacquiao just isn't that good.
      I don't agree with what you said, but it's your opinion, I can respect that.

2 things, however: Manny's facial expression shouldn't be a determining factor, no matter how you twist it and turn it, it's not. And the fans were booing because it was a close fight and they're Mexican, even Pac haters should know this.

2ndly, you say Mayweather fought a younger Marquez, that's clearly undeniable. Age is a determining factor in a human bodies physical health. But when Marquez says he felt better for this fight than he did versus Mayweather, how come this isn't ruled as a factor for his physical health? Is he lying? I never understood exaggerating this argument when the fighter himself, claims he did not feel like himself. Marquez, although I don't believe it, went as far as saying he's never felt better (during one of the 24/7 episodes), but that's going beyond the point.

Comment

even tho it was a long read i felt he was only being honest...

now watch they attack me for not downing the OT

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
          I believe that Marquez was robbed. I had him winning 117-111. Before I watched the fight I listed to peoples thoughts on it and almost all of them had Marquez winning handily and said that the commentators were very biased, which convinced me to watch it with no sound for all 12 rounds so that the commentators had no bearing whatsoever on how I scored it. What I saw was that Marquez dominated the fight, he won almost every exchange and hurt Manny several times. Manny never hurt him and it wasn't even close. You saw Manny's face in the ring after the fight, he KNEW that he lost and all of the fans knew it too because they fiercely booed him. In the last 3 years people have been fooled into thinking Pacquiao has really improved as a fighter when in reality his opponents have just gotten worse and worse, and almost everyone bought it and thought he would just blow JMM out of the water. I didn't. People must realise that styles make fights and all of these guys that Pacquiao had been beating since the Marquez rematch have been one dimensional, flat footed, slow, old and coming off losses. It's easy to look spectacular when your opposition is so terrible.

He's had 3 attempts at Marquez, and most people think that he should have lost all 3 times. Now let's compare that with Mayweather. He fought Marquez once and Marquez didn't win a single round, and this was more than two years ago, more than two years closer to Marquez's prime than he is now. That tells you everything you need to know. Pacquiao is not in Mayweather's class. Marquez is closer to Floyd's level than Pacquiao is. Pacquiao only ever looks good when he fights flat footed bums with no defence or movement. I still want to see the fight, but only to see Floyd prove a point and shut up all of these idiots that support Pacquiao. Not because I think it is going to be a great fight or a really interesting fight. It wouldn't be. It would be a one sided beatdown. People laughed when Floyd said it would be easier than the Marquez fight, but I really think it would be. I see Freddie Roach stopping the fight in the corner after a very similar beating to the one that Arturo Gatti suffered. Pacquiao has no defence whatsoever and he lunges in so much that I just see him taking a hell of a lot of clean, hard shots against the most accurate and precise boxer in the sport. He would be landing almost nothing and getting hit with almost everything. I find it incredibly hard to imagine him winning a round against Floyd, nevermind the fight itself.

I don't think the fight will happen because now that Freddie Roach and Bob Arum saw Pacquiao's limitations exposed to the world, I think they will be even more cautious in who they match him up against. People have and will continue to wrongly blame Floyd for the fight not happening if it doesn't happen, but I think that Marquez showed us that Pacquiao isn't anywhere near as good as he is hyped up to be. He's not an all time great and Floyd doesn't need to beat him to prove his status as one of the best ever. He's been proving that since 1998. He's beaten 21 world champions and only one of them (Castillo) was even competitive. The rest got completely dominated. He's been consistently fighting the best and consistently dominating the best. Unlike Pacquiao, who can only dominate people if they are old, weight drained, flat footed and coming off losses. There is no debate anymore when it comes to Mayweather and Pacquiao. Pacquiao is just a media hype job who is doing well because he is on steroids. They are trying to make you believe that he is something that he is not, but the truth always comes to light and Marquez revealed the truth, which is that Pacquiao just isn't that good.

Pacquiao is a media hype job?

Dude, you seriously need to quick sucking Floyd's D*!@K.
          why cant people just admit that MANNY AND FLOYD ARE BOTH Phenomenal fighters. there are so many haters out here. some people think Floyd is the best, which means everyone else are hypejobs/bums. no one is worthy of fighting him. no one else is given any respect. and VISE VERSA

lets nit pick this, lets criticize that......GET A LIFE.

Anyone who thought Marquez was going to be easy were mostly Floyd fans. Can you not just see that Marquez style is tough for manny? and marquez trained like a beast, too bad he did not look like this against floyd, although Floyd still wins pretty easy. But its because the style.

BE A FAN OF THE SPORT, NOT ONE FIGHTERS BIT##.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
            Pacquiao is a media hype job?

Dude, you seriously need to quick sucking Floyd's D*!@K.
            why cant people just admit that MANNY AND FLOYD ARE BOTH Phenomenal fighters. there are so many haters out here. some people think Floyd is the best, which means everyone else are hypejobs/bums. no one is worthy of fighting him. no one else is given any respect. and VISE VERSA

lets nit pick this, lets criticize that......GET A LIFE.

Anyone who thought Marquez was going to be easy were mostly Floyd fans. Can you not just see that Marquez style is tough for manny? and marquez trained like a beast, too bad he did not look like this against floyd, although Floyd still wins pretty easy. But its because the style.

BE A FAN OF THE SPORT, NOT ONE FIGHTERS BIT##.
            Ariza and Roach thought Marquez was going to be easy... just saying

Comment

Working...
            X