Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David Haye the most dangerous opponent in the HW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the real king kong

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      If landed, his right overhand is a serious threat to any fighter in the HW division, especially if they're tall. Luckily for Haye, top heavies are all tall.

The only fighter I'd comfortably pick to beat Haye is Luis Ortiz, maybe Povetkin too.

He's definitely dangerous, which is a shame because he's everything a fighter shouldn't be.
      My mouth is salivating just thinking about Haye vs Povetkin.. would pay a good amount of money to see that one.

Comment

If he fights joshua he will KO him within 5 no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRevolver View Post
          I've followed Hayes career
          Then you should know better. Haye was decent but somewhat unproven before he faced Wlad. Then, he laid an egg and hasn't fought a decent opponent since. It's been about 7 years since he did anything impressive and his career has been a sad series of excuses in the last several years. Now that he's blown up to the point that he'll surely have no endurance, he's gone down a step in quality. I think Wilder, Povetkin, and Ortiz wreck him. Even mentally broken Wlad probably still beats him. I don't have a lot of faith in Fury but I'd take him to beat Haye. Joshua would be a good fight for Haye, mostly because Joshua is unproven and it would be a good barometer to see where he's at.

Comment

Haye is very good but Wlad easily beat him and he has been KOed before so he is hardly invincible. I see him losing to Ortiz, Fury and Joshua and Haye against Wilder is an even fight in my opinion. Haye is very inactive and he isn't getting any younger. Haye is one of the better heavyweights but he isn't the best in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Then you should know better. .
              Surely it means the opposite? as I'm focusing on his actual ability, while reading some of the replies, its clear most fans respect his ability, but they doubt Haye based on other events, which is understandable, yet when Haye steps into the ring, considering he has learnt from his mistakes and has the ability to match his confidence, that makes him a real threat to any fighter in the division.

With that said, Haye clearly has to prove himself to many fans, but just looking around the division, who is better then Haye? you can argue a legitimate case for Haye against any fighter, while Haye is ready to face both Joshua/Fury, yet is Fury going to man up and put aside his dislike for Haye and silence Haye with his fists?

That is what fans want to see, Haye/Joshua/Fury face each other, not produce excuses on why the fight won't happen.

Comment

You could argue that Haye is more powerful than these guys.
                Maybe a couple of years ago,, I'm not sure about now.. Not saying you're wrong, just not really sure how Haye is after all these years of inactivity and tuneup opponents

Comment

I feel Haye is more a question mark or unknown than a dangerous opponent at this point. I mainly question his desire to fight serious competitive opponents with his canceled fights a few years back from a supposedly career ending injury to his recent opponent selection. I think he's just cashing some checks currently & looking to cash a bigger check or two at a future date.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong at some point, but he's not gonna do that fighting that first comeback opponent, this second comeback opponent & maybe Shannon Briggs next. Take on a ranked, respected guy.

Comment

If landed, his right overhand is a serious threat to any fighter in the HW division, especially if they're tall. Luckily for Haye, top heavies are all tall.

The only fighter I'd comfortably pick to beat Haye is Luis Ortiz, maybe Povetkin too.

He's definitely dangerous, which is a shame because he's everything a fighter shouldn't be.
                    I wouldn't. He's ****ing stationary and has poor stamina (because he's 60)

Haye, fury and wilder are the worst matchups for Ortiz. He needs to go after Joshua and stick to plodding opponents or guys like Jennings who will lay their head on his chest and let him uppercut them.

He's not chasing a haye down for 12 rounds, by 6-7 he'd be gassed and shipping hayemakers

Comment

Haye decapitates Fury, Joshua and Povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X