No announcement yet.

Povetkin refusing VADA testing...could be trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povetkin refusing VADA testing...could be trouble

The WBC recently teamed up with VADA to have VADA administer the WBC's mandatory drug testing.

I'm hearing rumors that the Povetkin camp is refusing to undergo VADA testing.

Could this keep the fight from going forward? If I were Wilder, I'd be very nervous and very suspicious of Povetkin refusing to use VADA.

Having a non-Russian organization conduct the testing is critical, considering that last year, the World Anti-Doping Agency suspended the Russian testing agency (RUSADA) for non-compliance with global anti-doping rules. WADA accused RUSADA of covering up cases of doping by Russian athletes, giving them advance knowledge of supposedly surprise tests and allowing banned athletes to continue competing.

Should Wilder refuse to participate in the fight unless Povetkin agrees to VADA testing as WBC requires?

Should the WBC strip Povetkin for refusing to comply with the WBC's new drug testing requirements?

Of course Povetkin should be stripped of his mandatory status if refuses VADA testing. The WBC is requiring it, not Wilder. This isn't really that complicated..

Comment

**** it, if you a real champ, you fight Povetkin on steroids. It doesnt matter. Let the man fight on whatever he wants to be on. Let's go champ, man up champ.

Comment

why I never crossed to UFC.. boy do I miss Japan's Yakuza benefits on drug testing!

Comment

It's not a tough call for me either...I wouldn't fight if my opponent refused to undergo the required drug testing.

But something tells me people are going to murder Wilder for not going forward with the fight...unfairly so, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
            It's not a tough call for me either...I wouldn't fight if my opponent refused to undergo the required drug testing.

But something tells me people are going to murder Wilder for not going forward with the fight...unfairly so, in my opinion.
            meanwhile VADA acts like it has nothing to do with it nor make a statement to defend the American champ!

Comment

WBC fight, WBC rules if you don't like them then go else where!
              Seems Povetkin made alot of noise about getting this match signed did he think it was under "Russian Club Rules"?

Clean yourself up this is his last chance to make a buck if he gets beat!

Ray

Comment

No testing, no fight.

I'm not surprised by this news at all though.

Comment

I would never go to Russia after all the **** that has been happening lately

Comment

VADA be like, ''Just 3 weeks away, Povetkin finally agrees to testing!''

Comment

Working...
                    X