Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Malinaggi had power....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that fast? Paulie in his prime was fast as fock! Ridiculous speed! Coupled with heart and a rock solid chin. If he had power his style as of now would be amplified ridiculously he wouldnt be a one handed puncher and coupled with his ring iq which i disagree with the other poster saying his ring iw is low. Because for him to have been world champ and gotten as far as he has with basically one hand and no power his ring iq had to be cultivated so to say he has low ring iq is absolutely ridiculous. With power paulie would have been an atg in my opinion

Comment

Paulie has power, just brittle hands. IMO if he could get a pro hand wrapper, for training, he may not damage it.

Paulie has a bad defence though, he has no head movement and only body/footwork.

Then again, the question goes out to all fighters, if Joe Calzaghe had...

Then he did, but he broke his hands and later j. His career he slapped.

Comment

He's a white American kid and has fought in relevant divisions for awhile now...he is missing a bit more than power or else he would be a household name already.

Comment

Yea deadlikeme he was missing a better promoter, lou dibella wasn't the best but he did what he could with what he had and considering paulie has had like 10 operations on his right hand dibella also had things to deal with, with paulie. Just bad circumstances for both

Comment

Paulies power is under rated

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
              why would he be like Zab Judah?

Paulie has heart, dont insult him

I would say Zab has just as much if not more heart than Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                I would say Zab has just as much if not more heart than Paulie.
                Not sure if srs? Based on what exactly?

Somehow I doubt Zab would go through what Paulie went through against Cotto and Hatton. Zab quit against Khan ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                  Not sure if srs? Based on what exactly?

Somehow I doubt Zab would go through what Paulie went through against Cotto and Hatton. Zab quit against Khan ffs.
                  I think Judah has heart and toughness, I can see why some would say that it's comparable to Pualie. I just don't think he is mentally strong enough. Is more mental with Judah. I would say that Paulie is more mentally strong than Zab. But, I have seen Zab get busted up and get beatdown and still not quit cuz' of lack of heart, the only exception is the Khan fight though. But, I don't think what Paulie went through with Hatton is any worse than what Judah went through with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
                    Not that fast? Paulie in his prime was fast as fock! Ridiculous speed! Coupled with heart and a rock solid chin. If he had power his style as of now would be amplified ridiculously he wouldnt be a one handed puncher and coupled with his ring iq which i disagree with the other poster saying his ring iw is low. Because for him to have been world champ and gotten as far as he has with basically one hand and no power his ring iq had to be cultivated so to say he has low ring iq is absolutely ridiculous. With power paulie would have been an atg in my opinion
                    I said his ring IQ/boxing ability is not the best, not necesarrily low. I base it on his perfomances vs the best fighters he fought, Cotto, Hatton and Khan. Thought he was outboxed by all of them, all of different styles, though he put in brave efforts. He couldn't adjust to any of them and blamed his corner for his first two losses which shows he needs to be told what to do in there. I think he's like Judah in that way aswell, he can look like a great flashy boxer against outmatched guys and average boxers, but against elite guys who have great boxing ability and able to adjust and change things up he struggles.

Hatton was the one which stood out worse, sure Paulie was outmuscled, but Hatton didn't beat him in his usual mauling style, he outboxed him too and Paulie was the one doing all the holding he didn't know how to handle it. That was very embarrassing, particularly as Paulie called Hatton a C-level pub fighter before the fight, and he was the one who looked like that in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      If he had power?
                      WTF are you talking about?
                      He has to pull his punches just so he doesn't kill his opponents
                      ^ This! Paulie has knocked down N'dou, wobbled Baby Bull, and stopped a previously unbeaten Senchenko. I don't know what more one could ask of Paulie.

Comment

Working...
                      X