No announcement yet.

Dwyer on Danny Jacobs vs. Dmitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    I had never thought of Pirog as fighting like Floyd Mayweather, but when I just re-watched parts of the fight with Jantuah I can see the similarities in style.

Pirog has a higher work-rate, and his defense is not as perfect as Floyd's.
    He reminds me more of Miguel Lora, almost the same upper body movement

Comment

Been watching some Pirog tapes and just off the cuff i think Dwyer is overrating him.

He does a lot of subtle things defensively and he makes you miss my inches which is great, he definetly has defensive skills.

But Pirog is kinda slow and pretty innaccurate offensively.

Jacobs is a very talented man. I agree with Dwyer that he is sloppy, but Jacobs just needs rounds under his belt.

The inexperience for Jacobs might cost him the late rounds, but i think he'll have outworked Pirog enough early to win a clear decision in a spirited fight

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Not at all bro, this is a pickem fight and I honestly believe this could be our Hopkins-Jones in that they both could be stars in the future and just like those two legends, they are fighting for their first vacant belt.
        that would be crazy.

definite possibility tho cause they are both crazy young and have long careers ahead of them. How old is Pirog?

Comment

What vacant belt are they fighting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
            that would be crazy.

definite possibility tho cause they are both crazy young and have long careers ahead of them. How old is Pirog?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              What vacant belt are they fighting for?
              WBO

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
                Been watching some Pirog tapes and just off the cuff i think Dwyer is overrating him.

He does a lot of subtle things defensively and he makes you miss my inches which is great, he definetly has defensive skills.

But Pirog is kinda slow and pretty innaccurate offensively.

Jacobs is a very talented man. I agree with Dwyer that he is sloppy, but Jacobs just needs rounds under his belt.

The inexperience for Jacobs might cost him the late rounds, but i think he'll have outworked Pirog enough early to win a clear decision in a spirited fight
                Seeing that Jacobs relies on work rate and getting away instead defense, I don't think Pirog is being overrated. I think Pirog will be walking forward all night and Jacobs fighting going backwards.

Comment

Just checked out some of Pirog's work here in this thread though I have not seen him before and he does seem to have good timing defensive skill and puts his punches together well.

Now Danny I have seen plenty of and he certainly has the edge in speed by a wide margin and is a pretty busy fighter.......should be a real test for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Just checked out some of Pirog's work here in this thread though I have not seen him before and he does seem to have good timing defensive skill and puts his punches together well.

Now Danny I have seen plenty of and he certainly has the edge in speed by a wide margin and is a pretty busy fighter.......should be a real test for him.
                    Why do I have a strong feeling this isn't gonna go down?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      Why do I have a strong feeling this isn't gonna go down?
                      Because somewhere along the line, GBP might realize that Pirog is not a walk thru like they expected. They guy is 29 in the biggest fight of his career so far, he won't lay down easy. lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X