Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical Fighters That Were More Dedicated And Disciplined Than Floyd and Bernard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvin hagler was notorious for his work ethic

Comment

"Overrate shit like Excitement"

Tells you everything you need to know about this Moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
        Marvin hagler was notorious for his work ethic
        beat me to it

Comment

Roberto Duran imo. Can't move up the weight that he did without dedication & work ethics.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            Klitschko.

Oh wait, he's white...

James Toney?
            Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            all he did was sparr he didn't train much outside of sparring
            Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            I was joking brother.
            while "disciplined" isnt the right word for toney, he was a gym rat in his own way, he sparred A LOT (which is reason for his slurring) but his stamina was really good for anybody, much less a fat guy. He has a lot of fights with over 1000 punches thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
              "Overrate shit like Excitement"

Tells you everything you need to know about this Moron.
              I see nsb's most notorious d1cklicker is back for more

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              Roberto Duran imo. Can't move up the weight that he did without dedication & work ethics.
              Wasn't ballooning up in weight a large reason behind why he moved up so much

Comment

Hagler, marciano, wlad klit

Comment

Hagler,Marciano.............

Comment

Lets not act like Floyd/Hopkins, or any other modern fighter for that matter, is more dedicated than fighters of the past. They stay in shape and train hard, yes, but tons of great fighters have done the same. They fight once/twice a year - yeah they might stay in shape but they haven't got that pressure of having to fight all the time. Anybody who has ever boxed, even in the amateurs, knows that actually having competitive fights regularly requires extra dedication and has an associated pressure. Sugar Ray Robinson had 20 fights in 1941, 14 in 1942, 6 in 43, 5 in 44, 9 in 45, 16 in 46, 11 in 47 and it goes on. I know fighters can't do that now, but fighting like that takes more dedication than this 1 fight every year stuff. Most people don't have that regularly in the amateurs. I had one amateur year with 10 fights and it was ****ing draining. On the other hand, I've had years where I've just been in the gym all year but have had a fight or two. Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X