Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is JCC Jr. the Most Hated Fighter on Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is JCC Jr. the Most Hated Fighter on Here?

I think people here are a little too harsh on the kid. I'm not going to say he is the second coming, in fact, I'm not going to do anything but compare him to the progress of his father at roughly the same points in their respective careers.

I don't particularly care for him either way personally. Although I find it interesting that right now in his career he is practically neck and neck with where his father was when he was his age and had as many fights.

After 43 fights, Sr. fought for a vacant title. After 44 fights Jr. fought for a world title (although we know how it was stripped from Martinez) So really not much of a difference there. Titles aside, Zbik was and still is a top 10 fighter, whether you agree with it or not. Not too sure of the status of the guy that Sr. fought for his first title?

In each fighters respective fight number 47...

Jr. fought another top 10 fighter (according to Ring magazine) in Rubio.

Sr. fought Roger Mayweather, who wasn't too far removed from his first loss in 1 round to a fellow crackhead, and his second loss in the very next fight, to a nobody.

JCC Sr. was about 2 years younger than Jr. when all this was going on.

Discuss...

He gets more attention because of his father that is for sure...but I don't think people really hate him, just question his skills and the legitimacy of his title. The only boxers on here who get legitimate hate and/or threats of physical violence on here are named Mayweather or any boxer who says they think Mayweather is better than Pacquiao. There's only one fanbase that actually deifies their favorite boxer while spewing authentic hate about so many others.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      He gets more attention because of his father that is for sure...but I don't think people really hate him, just question his skills and the legitimacy of his title. The only boxers on here who get legitimate hate and/or threats of physical violence on here are named Mayweather or any boxer who says they think Mayweather is better than Pacquiao. There's only one fanbase that actually deifies their favorite boxer while spewing authentic hate about so many others.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=537559

Comment

It's either Martinez fans or people b*tching about the title that he has. I don't understand the hate. He's a very entertaining fighter.

Comment

Wow I missed that thread...usually you don't see that much venom against JCC Jr even though many people are still skeptical...and you really don't see that many people sticking up for Sergio ever.

The only guy who gets that much hate consistently in that thread is Suleiman

Comment

probably mayweather then martinez then chavez jr (chavez jr actually does have room for a lot of hate)

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              probably mayweather then martinez then chavez jr (chavez jr actually does have room for a lot of hate)
              Other than his name and his promoter I don't see why people would have the feelings they do about him.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                Other than his name and his promoter I don't see why people would have the feelings they do about him.
                that's pretty much it though tbh.

They keep feeding him bums and have pretty much said that they will continue to do so as long as needed. And just the fact that he thinks he's living up to his fathers name while fighting said bums is kinda irritating.

Comment

no.

most underrated.

most hated = floyd

most loved = pacquiao

most overrated = cotto

most underrated = chavez

Comment

He has HYPE but I just don't see the SKILLS...YET, that is my only problem with him and also how he was HANDED THE WBC TITLE just like Canelo was HANDED THE WBC Title and just like Morales was HANDED THE WBC TITLE

WHY SHOULD HE GET RESPECT? I give him credit for fighting Andy Lee next but...FIGHT SERGIO if you want "RESPECT"

Comment

Working...
                    X