Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is canelo suddenly being made out to be some master boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    If you don't know enough about the science to see Canelo's level of technique, don't go around making it known. Keep that stuff a secret until you get educated;

yeah hes a very good combo puncher. But the problem is his footwork is poor and his defence is not good at all and his ring iq isnt great either. All the things you would need to beat GGG.
    I think on this site people dont really have the ability to look past the last fight of an opponent, which is why so many people suddenly said kovalev will lose after the chilemba fight, and why canelos suddenly gone from having no chance to the fight being 50/50 after the brook fight

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Glad you're paying attention.

Jacobs is good enough to slaughter 5'7 Canelo Alvarez...that's for sure.

He's good enough to KO 160lb fighters.

Let's see Canelito move to 160 and rack-up some KO's.

Alvarez won't even go near the best at 154...let alone 160
      You are my favorite troll here keep it up bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        yeah, canelo looked anything but elite in that fight. if hes such an incredible boxer you would have thought he would have won a few rounds, or have the boxing IQ to switch things up after losing the first few rounds. Would have thought that was one of the great aspects of being a boxer, being adaptable and seeing when things are going wrong.
        If Canelo were a special talent....he would have given Floyd a run for his money.

Canelo loads up too much....backs straight up to the ropes....and lacks stamina.

You have fools saying 5'7 Canelo would beat Jacobs

If he were that good he'd be whipping on Andrade and the Charlos...not cherry picking Khan..Kirkland...and Smith.

Comment

Glad you're paying attention.

Jacobs is good enough to slaughter 5'7 Canelo Alvarez...that's for sure.

He's good enough to KO 160lb fighters.

Let's see Canelito move to 160 and rack-up some KO's.

Alvarez won't even go near the best at 154...let alone 160
          and again, i agree. At the very least jacobs would have a big chance of beating canelo

Comment

i enjoy the sport more than anyone. the thing is i dont think people genuinely do think he can beat him, thats the problem, a lot of it is agenda driven. you say pacquiao beats him at 154, that says it all really
            GGG cant make 154 and the fact that some of his fans would even wanna see that but not see him fight the winner or Ward-Kovalev tells me all that i need to know

Comment

If Canelo were a special talent....he would have given Floyd a run for his money.

Canelo loads up too much....backs straight up to the ropes....and lacks stamina.

If he were that good he'd be whipping on Andrade and the Charlos...not cherry picking Khan..Kirkland...and Smith.
              I like how you baised your opinion only at Floyd fight ,now lets do same with Jacobs and Pirog ,Danny is a bum koed in 4 and nothing else

Comment

if canelo and his team were so confident they could go in there and outbox GGG like everyone says he would. they wouldnt have asked for a ****ing year to warm into a division to fight one person lol. Canelos a good solid fighter with a lot of money and hype invested in him. hes not a superstar in the ring. Theres a reason the UK bookmakers have him as even more of an outsider to beat GGG than they did kell brook.

Comment

Where are people getting this impression of canelo as some mega skillful guy from? He does some bizarre upper body movement when trying to dodge punches as if someones stuck a stick up his arse and his footwork is as plodding as it gets, looks like his boots are made out of lead. As recently as the khan fight he was getting soundly outboxed, and people have suddenly made out hes canelo v 2.0 after the mayweather fight, as if its transformed him and he was some novice. The guy was 44-0 ffs and had been a pro 8 years. Hardly looked too elusive against lara, seemed to use his big blockhead as target practise for lara. Canelo is what he is, a solid durable fighter with a bit of pop who puts together some good combos. SO why are you all making out hes going to be like roy jones at 160, and noones going to be able to land a glove on him? Sometimes when people are so desperate for something to happen (GGG losing) they start believe in things that arent true, i dont know whether youve all somehow convinced yourself that canelo is the man to beat him...
                  He's far from a master boxer.

Casuals see him move around his upper body and all of the sudden he's Sweet Pea or something.

Canelo is who he was and always has been: A low IQ puncher with solid fundamentals but bricks for feet. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because he has a large fanbase doesn't make him a better fighter than he is.

People who expect him to do better than anyone has thus far against Golovkin are in for a real rude awakening if they ever fight.

Just like when I told cats for years that Floyd would box Pac's ears off because stylistically Floyd is all wrong for Pac and in the end, who was right? I'll be here to tell you "I told you so" if this fight happens as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                    I like how you baised your opinion only at Floyd fight ,now lets do same with Jacobs and Pirog ,Danny is a bum koed in 4 and nothing else
                    that was canelos moment though. the fight where the torch was going to be passed, the fight where the aging floyd mayweather was going to finally lose that 0. And then when it came round to it, mayweather whooped him for 12 rounds without even breaking a sweat. I did what you all are doing now, i bought into the hype, i had persuaded myself that canelo was going to give mayweather problems he hadnt seen since the castillo fight, boy was i wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                      Pirog would beat a 23 y/o Alvarez even worse.

Baldomir gave Floyd more work than Canelo....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X