Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has there been any other fighter age 34 or older thats been ducked as hard as ggg has

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erislandy Lara doe

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
      Erislandy Lara doe
      age 32, doe.

Comment

This obsession with having GGG fight Ward is getting a bit weird at this point when Ward has made it clear that he is going to be fighting at 175 and when MW just spiced up a bit after Canelo/Cotto, Jacobs/Quillin, and Lee/Saunders. The winners of these three fights just became promising potential future opponents, and yet some people are stuck on 34yo GGG moving up divisions?

Don't get me wrong, I'd want to see GGG/Ward if they could make it happen but it's getting sad when the primary complaint used to hate on a fighter is that he isn't chasing after an opponent who was already one division heavier and is headed up a division. Ward literally hasn't made even 168 in two years.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-05-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Rigondeaux is 35 now, still ducked like the plague

Sadly for Rigo, his decline could begin at any moment because of his fighting style, and his fragile glass jaw will be his doom once he starts getting hit

GGG's chin is iron and his style doesn't rely that much on athleticism, and power is the last attribute you lose, so GGG can still be a force in his late 30's, early 40's, his career will last much longer than Rigo's

Originally posted by moonboxer86 View Post
          ward is begging to fight him? since when?
          he was begging him to fight when GGG already had a PPV with Lemieux lined up along with a possible megamatch against Canelo or Cotto. What an idiot GGG is for not abandoning it all to chase Ward to LHW, isn't he

Comment

I was a mega ggg fan when he first came to hbo ..but let be serious ggg fans want him to fight everyone BUT wardlol

You guys keep saying ward hasnt fought at 168 in a year plus...but forget to mention he had issues with his promoter and didnt fight at any weight for a year and change...then ya say is last fight was at LHW but wanna pretend that when you out the ring for so long it normal to come back at a higher weight to not put to much stress on your body

Thwm ya defend the 164 catch with all typs of excuse to justify it ...but chavez and frosh 168 no problem doe

Comment

GGG is not being ducked that much his problem is HBO gave him the limelight with out him earning it and now he walks around like he is the A side

He is not being flexible on weight where others go to where the biggest fights are at and he won't fight guys like Lara because again he thinks he is a bigger name than he actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by moonboxer86 View Post
                34 is the age where you start declining tremendously in boxing. you're considered "old" at 34
                While this is true the consensus seemed to be that he has 2-3 more years left in the tank.

Comment

Shut up. He gets called out often.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    GGG is not being ducked that much his problem is HBO gave him the limelight with out him earning it and now he walks around like he is the A side

He is not being flexible on weight where others go to where the biggest fights are at and he won't fight guys like Lara because again he thinks he is a bigger name than he actually is.
                    The biggest fight around is Canelo by far, who's a MW himself. Before that the biggest fights were Froch and Chavez and he was willing to face both at 168. And I've no idea what you mean about Lara, nobody really wants to see that outside of boxing forums. You know Lara's people never approached GGG's promoter about it? They know he's got zero chance and is better off fighting bums for pretty good money still

Comment

ward is begging to fight him? since when?

ward is campaigning at lhw now, get over it cause scary ass kovalev is waiting on the other side. oakland is gonna get swallowed up whole if they ever fight. ward never wanted to fight ggg. he only wanted pavlik, froch and chavez at 168.
                      Why would Ward avoid GGG to move up for a Kovalev fight? I'm not saying GGG ducked Ward because I understand that business sometimes gets in the way of good fights. That being said, isn't it strange that Ward was able to negotiate with Duva/ Kovalev as soon as he moved up to 175lbs but for some reason couldn't reach terms with GGG?

Not sure who's ultimately to blame for the GGG / Ward fight not happening but I'm sure it wasn't all Ward's fault.

Comment

Working...
                      X