Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Holmes was in his prime, would he have still lost to Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight has Ali-Frazier written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      I already said Hatton wasn't an ATG and it's doubtful he'll make the HOF, except maybe out of popularity as might Gatti. I just enjoyed proving that you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Why on earth would he move up to WW when he hadn't even won a title at 140 yet? His people had moved him along slow, is that necessarily Hatton's fault? No. Was he ready to jump up in weight when he hadn't yet established himself at his natural weight? Of course not. And we're talking about a guy 5'6" with a 20 inch arm length.

Way to duck the rest of my post. I expected as much.
      I really don't care to debate Ricky Hatton's sorry career in this thread - if you want to go ahead and dig up the old thread and maybe I'll reply to your nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        I really don't care to debate Ricky Hatton's sorry career in this thread - if you want to go ahead and dig up the old thread and maybe I'll reply to your nonsense.

My post wasn't predominantly about Hatton. Nice try (well, not really.)

Of course you seem far more interested in a weak attempt to flame me (there's the thunderdome for that BTW) than debating me at all, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
          Fight has Ali-Frazier written all over it.
          agreed. definite foty candidate.

Comment

If Razor Ruddock could give Tyson a hard fight, then Holmes would win a decision comfortably IMO. Holmes was damn quick too, almost as quick as Tyson with an advantage in every department except power. Chin included.

Comment

I think this would have been a great fight that could go either way.

Holmes had the movement,heart,and chin to go the distance.I believe it would have been a very close decision.

Comment

I'll say it's a pick 'em fight. Tyson is the perfect style fighter to really cramp up Holmes and beat him but Holmes jab is the perfect weapon to pile up points on a pressure fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X