Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ike Ibeabuchi be champion if he didn't go to Jail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
    Right, that's why I don't imply it's fact, just a likelihood in my opinion. Sometimes guys just have a screw loose naturally. The other thing is his stamina, and build. Usually guys with a build like that will gas if they have a high work rate, but Ike threw for the entire fight and still seemed fairly fresh. Again, it's at least possible he came by it naturally, though.
    Indeed, but thats why they invented the word gententic freaks. Not many had better Stamina than the great Carlos Monzon, who was a 50 aday smoker and would often smoke in the changing rooms while getting his hand wrapped, but yet had incredible stamina. Which is just scary....

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
      Indeed, but thats why they invented the word gententic freaks. Not many had better Stamina than the great Carlos Monzon, who was a 50 aday smoker and would often smoke in the changing rooms while getting his hand wrapped, but yet had incredible stamina. Which is just scary....
      Monzon...yeah, he was another one. Mentally unstable too. Didn't he kill his wife, or someone's wife? I know he went to prison for killing someone, just don't remember who. Died there, too, right?

Comment

I think you're misunderstanding me a little, here. I don't really care if Ike was roided up. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, he probably was, and would've eventually been caught before he cleaned out the division.
        Hmmmm...... I highly dout that, Ike had every one of his fights in the USA, and never tested positive for any steroids substance, why would he start when fighting for world titles?

I really don't think he was on steroids, due to him having a muscular type body, and you can't compare him to Peter, as Peter is a very lazy trainer who dosen't look after his body the way a pro boxer should, and often tire's after 6rounds of action.

Comment

Don't talk **** to me about "pulling at straws", and don't beat around the bush like a sissy. If you have something to imply, just do it, don't be a chicken **** and allude to it.

Whether he was on 'roids or not, nobody can say, and that's my opinion. And I've seen plenty of African fighters that were strong, tough guys that didn't look anything like Ike. Hell, Peter was also Nigerian, looked nothing like Ike. But, then there are genetic freaks everywhere, and it's possible (however remotely) that he was built like that naturally.
          You must be ******ed man. Peter is a fat ass and has been his whole life. The man is also known to be a man who doesn't train for his fights and loves to eat. Ike on the other hand was a gym rat, and like Vitali was NEVER behind on the cards ina fight, matter of fact he never lost. he KTFO of Byrd when Byrd was regarded as knockout proof. Fact Byrd scored a TKO against Vitalli even though he was behind Vitalli quit, there is no way of getting around it he hurt his shoulder and quit with one round left. Wasn't Danny WIlliams hand dangling off with a lot more than a round left, and didn't he continue only to go on and knock his man out.

Comment

Monzon...yeah, he was another one. Mentally unstable too. Didn't he kill his wife, or someone's wife? I know he went to prison for killing someone, just don't remember who. Died there, too, right?
            Indeed Monzon threw his wife from a balcony, he died in January 1995, at the age of 52, while tempoary out of Jail, (he was given a weekend to visit his family and kids) and upon returning to jail after the weekend), There have been rumors that he committed suicide by crashing the car, but there has been no evidence found that supports that claim.

Comment

Indeed Monzon threw his wife from a balcony, he died in January 1995, at the age of 52, while tempoary out of Jail, (he was given a weekend to visit his family and kids) and upon returning to jail after the weekend), There have been rumors that he committed suicide by crashing the car, but there has been no evidence found that supports that claim.
              Some crazy **** in the fight game, that's all I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                You must be ******ed man. Peter is a fat ass and has been his whole life. The man is also known to be a man who doesn't train for his fights and loves to eat. Ike on the other hand was a gym rat, and like Vitali was NEVER behind on the cards ina fight, matter of fact he never lost. he KTFO of Byrd when Byrd was regarded as knockout proof. Fact Byrd scored a TKO against Vitalli even though he was behind Vitalli quit, there is no way of getting around it he hurt his shoulder and quit with one round left. Wasn't Danny WIlliams hand dangling off with a lot more than a round left, and didn't he continue only to go on and knock his man out.
                Indeed....Williams who had dislocated his right shoulder early in the fight, would go on to knock out Mark Potter in the 6th round, using only one arm in 2000. Do I don't know who may have been feeling more pain, as Vitali claimed the pain was unbearable, but who knows alot of people do think he should of just carried on.
                Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 05-16-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Indeed....Williams who had dislocated his right shoulder early in the fight, would go on to knock out Mark Potter in the 6th round, using only one arm in 2000. Do I don't who may have been feeling more pain, as Vitali claimed the pair was unbearable, but who knows alot of people do think he should of just carried on.
                  I've torn a rotator cuff....couldn't lift my left arm at all and the pain was pretty bad, but I think I'd have probably switched to southie and tried to jab and hook my way out of the fight. Still, all it would've taken was just the right punch to the shoulder from Byrd to ruin the shoulder and end his career, so who's to say whether he made the right call? Not my place to second-guess a guy when it's his shoulder and not mine.

Comment

Indeed....Williams who had dislocated his right shoulder early in the fight, would go on to knock out Mark Potter in the 6th round, using only one arm in 2000. Do I don't who may have been feeling more pain, as Vitali claimed the pair was unbearable, but who knows alot of people do think he should of just carried on.
                    I bbet you anything Danny was in more pain.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      He walks through Tuia's best punches and left hooks and you say the Klitscko's would have knocked him out. Mind you he knocked the living **** out of the man who made Vitalli quit. Ibeabuchi would have totally RAPED Wladomire and made him his *****, and would have put a 12 round session of pain on Vitalli and possibly stopped him due to cuts or forced himt o quit a la Chirs Byrd.
                      Really? Thats not the way I see it going at all. I dont think Vitali would beat his ass that convincingly the whole fight give Ike a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X