No announcement yet.

So When Is The Final Pre Fight Test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So When Is The Final Pre Fight Test?

Ive been seriously debating with Pac fans about this a long time today. One Pac fan keeps saying 48hrs, the next one says 3 days, and the next one says a week. Its the same thing Im hearing from the Pac camp but I also hear one month mixed in there. Then I just read the Top Rank thread and they were back to saying 30 days out again. Werent they just saying that 48hrs or 3 days before the fight is ok? Seriously, its what Ive been asking the whole time. What is there official word on the latest they will go and did they just change the **** way back again? Is it 30 days before or a couple of days before? If its 30 days then the Pac fans should be upset after theyve been saying a bunch of times today that there team has accepted 48hrs or 72hrs but just not 24hrs

The thing about Olympic testing is that the testing is made at random times.

Roach and Arum didn't like that the authority Mayweather had hired to test could require random testing all the way up to fight night.

That's what the hubbub is all about.

Comment

The company that does the testing requires that fighters be testable up to the day before the fight. The tests are random so that doesn't necessarily mean they will be tested the day before.

Freddie Roach has said he will allow Pacman to be tested no later than 5 days before the fight, and immediately after the fight. But the testing company does not allow for any restrictions to testing schedule.
      Last edited by Marduke; 12-23-2009, 07:41 PM.

Comment

On ESPN an article I read said the USDA cannot guarantee they wouldn't randomly test the day before the fight or even the day of the fight. Arum says that's what pacquiao has a problem with. He doesn't want to give blood so close to, or on, the actual fight day. He's willing and able to give blood during training camp and immediately after the fight, but doesn't want to have to give blood so close to fight time.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Ive been seriously debating with Pac fans about this a long time today. One Pac fan keeps saying 48hrs, the next one says 3 days, and the next one says a week. Its the same thing Im hearing from the Pac camp but I also hear one month mixed in there. Then I just read the Top Rank thread and they were back to saying 30 days out again. Werent they just saying that 48hrs or 3 days before the fight is ok? Seriously, its what Ive been asking the whole time. What is there official word on the latest they will go and did they just change the **** way back again? Is it 30 days before or a couple of days before? If its 30 days then the Pac fans should be upset after theyve been saying a bunch of times today that there team has accepted 48hrs or 72hrs but just not 24hrs
          it keeps changing.

1st it was 30 days before.

then it was 1 week.

then latimes just said roach was willing to 3 days before.

i saw another one earlier where roach is now saying 48 hours is fine.

they're trying to find a compromise. we all know they will.

Comment

Do the blood testing thing aftr the fight. Doing it before the fight will weaken Pacquiao and this is what they're up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Marduke View Post
              The company that does the testing requires that fighters be testable up to the day before the fight. The tests are random so that doesn't necessarily mean they will be tested the day before.

Freddie Roach has said he will allow Pacman to be tested no later than 5 days before the fight, and immediately after the fight.
              What Roach is suggesting should be more than enough but unfortunate the drug agency will not modify their established policy and procedures. F

Comment

I probably didnt explain my question right, thus only like 2 of you got what I was trying to say. Im not asking about what Floyd's team want. Im asking what is the final pre fight test that the Pac camp will accept. Even in this thread it seems to change on what peopel think. One minute they sound like they say 48hrs, 72hrs, 1 week, and then it goes back to a month again. I just want to know 100% for sure where do they stand as far as the latest they will let Pac be tested pre fight

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  it keeps changing.

1st it was 30 days before.

then it was 1 week.

then latimes just said roach was willing to 3 days before.

i saw another one earlier where roach is now saying 48 hours is fine.

they're trying to find a compromise. we all know they will.
                  I agree and thats my question but that Top Rank article seems official and that seemed like it went back to 30 days again. I definatly dont think Pac should have to do it the day before if he doesnt want but I dont see a problem with like 2 weeks out and then 3 days out or something

Comment

Working...
                  X