No announcement yet.

DLH vs Quartey 12th round appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
    I think it was a very good boxing fight and show the great skills of both fighters. The replay value might not be higher than other fights but it was a very good boxing fight with two top WW in their primes.
    I just want to ask...what skill did Oscar show in that fight?

He showed that he's got a lotta heart, and can come up big when he needs to. And that's about it. I like Oscar a lot, I would even say I'm an Oscar fan.

But he didn't do ANYTHING to Ike with the exception of the knockdown in the 6th, and the 12th round.

Oscar lost 8 or 9 rounds in that fight, but doing nothing. It was basically a jab fest in which Ike possessed the superior jab. Oscar did NOTHING, there was hardly any skill involved.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      I just want to ask...what skill did Oscar show in that fight?

He showed that he's got a lotta heart, and can come up big when he needs to. And that's about it. I like Oscar a lot, I would even say I'm an Oscar fan.

But he didn't do ANYTHING to Ike with the exception of the knockdown in the 6th, and the 12th round.

Oscar lost 8 or 9 rounds in that fight, but doing nothing. It was basically a jab fest in which Ike possessed the superior jab. Oscar did NOTHING, there was hardly any skill involved.
      Quartey and De La Hoya showed wonderful standing and posing skills for 10 rounds.

Comment

Foreman was hilarious during this fight.

Merchant: Oscar isn't doing much at all.
        Foreman: Not much is a lot for Oscar De La Hoya. Not much IS A LOT.

Comment

Working...
        X