Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin should just take the 10 million...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Don't know the details of the offer, but to me it isn't that simple and 10-15% is a bullsh.it offer

I'm sure if they accepted there'd be some other hurdle that GB would put up , To me that offer is a offer that you don't want the other person to accept. That fight probably does in the ballpark of 100. So it isn't 2-3mil he'd leave on the table it's probably could be quite a bit more. And even when/ if Gennady beats Canelo he doesn't just become the $ man. It didn't work that way for Bernard

How many people here would just leave 5-20 mil on the table. If so your a better person then me

Even if you hate the man, You'd have to admit Gennady brings in more then 10% of that events success. Mayweather took short money but it was in the neighbourhood of 25-35 % against Oscar . to me 10% is a slap in the face

As for people saying Canelo doesn't need Gennady. I guess he doesn't but his last fight showed his numbers are shrinking and he isn't Maywesther and fight random no name to casual and get a million buys he does 200-300k. To get decent numbers he needs a big name. He rematches Cotto its doing way less then the first fight. Mayweathers a pipe dream. And all the guys at 154 that beat his @ss ( Andrade, Lara, Charlo's, J-Roc ) aren't giving him any big paydays, Maybe Brook for the UK $ brings in something extra.

Fights going to happen and I think Gennady will get a better offer

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
      GGG has not 1 elite name on his resume..not 1 and no elite names in sight...do you want to see him in a good fight or just claim he beats everyone without fighting them?? If his team claims fighters will not face him why not do whatever it takes to get these fighters in the ring?
      So what, he's gotta bend over for all these scared chumps? He's only asking for what's fair, why are you so invested in promoting ducking and a lack of fairness? Just a reflex?

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        Canelo is 26 and never has to fight GGG period..how do you not understand that?? GGG is going on 35 without 1 notable win..GGG can just say ok ill take the money and hopefully we have a fight..
        Canelo disagrees:

Golden Boy Prez: Canelo Has One Goal - To Fight Golovkin!

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-fight--109569

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          If Pac took that flat fee offer vs Floyd, or if Floyd took a flat fee from Oscar, they'd be idiots. Nobody wants to be an idiot

Pretty big if. Vargas never rematched Trinidad. Oscar knows this fight is career shortening. Would they wanna shorten it double?
          Pac was already a huge mega star - that was a silly offer from Floyd

Floyd during the Oscar reign was still rising in the popularity ranks. No telling he would have been the massive breakout star. That was a chance he took. Nobody would have blinked an eye if he took the flat fee

GGG on the other hand is like 34. You just gotta do the deal. I agree with the OP - take the flat fee, murder Canelo in the ring and then profit on the rematch or anyone else who wants to get a large potential payday to get demolished

If GGG was 25-26, I'd say wait it out but at his age and the slow decline you already see in him, do it now. If he waits a year or two, I think Canelo will be too much for him

Comment

I'd just take the money. Someone in Golovkin's position probably shouldn't be pushing his luck. If he beats Canelo, he gets a mass amount of attention and his future paydays become better as a result. 10 million is like three times what he's ever made before.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Still those flat fees would be career best money for both. It's not just them, show me anyone that ever took a flat fee for the biggest fight in boxing.

How long do you think this offer stands, for next September?
              The problem with that is it's only the biggest fight in boxing if it gets made. Canelo can literally stay busy for YEARS and not even be 30.

Pacquiao is a legend with an enormous fanbase and GGG isn't Pacquiao since Pac could go eat s hit and fight anyone and take a cool 20+ mil home. GGG doesn't fight Canelo and he's not making 10 mil..that's the diference. Also, Floyd could have accepted a flat offer from Oscar as it didn't matter..he needed the win and that was the most important part. Oscar the name/exposure was the investment and look how well it turned out for Floyd. Even Pacquiao got that golden boy ticket.

GGG has absolutely zero leverage because like it or not..Canelo could sell 4-5 times what GGG does...and he could fight anyone. People will tune in so long as he keeps the KOs coming. He could fight f ucking Margarito and people will watch. GGG is about to be in his mid 30s with no desire to move up (I personally don't mind it ) so where will his money come? Think Canelo cares if GGG has all the titles? Canelo is the lineal champ and already in the books as a former wbc and lineal mw champ. Doubt the rest of the titles are worth bending to GGG's will. Canelo could troll GGG and fight Chavez Jr at 168 or a little less and people would eat that s hit up..sure Jr will be bigger but he'll still get the f uck beaten out of him regardless.

Everyone within 2 weight classes wants the Canelo payday and there will be no shortage of big 147 pounders trying to get in the ring for that nice payday and move up..likewise for the bankable 154 pounders. :/...

I love GGG but boxing politics are such that the lesser named challenger who's likely the favorite but with no fanbase isnt going to get the cash cow of the sport AND get what he wants. GGG needs to accept whatever is tossed his way and take it from Canelo the same way the other cash cows have generally done.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                Pac was already a huge mega star - that was a silly offer from Floyd

Floyd during the Oscar reign was still rising in the popularity ranks. No telling he would have been the massive breakout star. That was a chance he took. Nobody would have blinked an eye if he took the flat fee

GGG on the other hand is like 34. You just gotta do the deal. I agree with the OP - take the flat fee, murder Canelo in the ring and then profit on the rematch or anyone else who wants to get a large potential payday to get demolished

If GGG was 25-26, I'd say wait it out but at his age and the slow decline you already see in him, do it now. If he waits a year or two, I think Canelo will be too much for him
                Ggg is #2 star in boxing that's not one foot out the door. There's gonna be tremendous pressure on Canelo to make the fight, he can't be competing in the same division and for years ducking the guy breaking Mw defense records. What are they gonna do, take their flat fee offer off the table 9 months before the fight is due? Maybe they should cause Ggg is always gaining

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  The problem with that is it's only the biggest fight in boxing if it gets made. Canelo can literally stay busy for YEARS and not even be 30.

Pacquiao is a legend with an enormous fanbase and GGG isn't Pacquiao since Pac could go eat s hit and fight anyone and take a cool 20+ mil home. GGG doesn't fight Canelo and he's not making 10 mil..that's the diference. Also, Floyd could have accepted a flat offer from Oscar as it didn't matter..he needed the win and that was the most important part. Oscar the name/exposure was the investment and look how well it turned out for Floyd. Even Pacquiao got that golden boy ticket.

GGG has absolutely zero leverage because like it or not..Canelo could sell 4-5 times what GGG does...and he could fight anyone. People will tune in so long as he keeps the KOs coming. He could fight f ucking Margarito and people will watch. GGG is about to be in his mid 30s with no desire to move up (I personally don't mind it ) so where will his money come? Think Canelo cares if GGG has all the titles? Canelo is the lineal champ and already in the books as a former wbc and lineal mw champ. Doubt the rest of the titles are worth bending to GGG's will. Canelo could troll GGG and fight Chavez Jr at 168 or a little less and people would eat that s hit up..sure Jr will be bigger but he'll still get the f uck beaten out of him regardless.

Everyone within 2 weight classes wants the Canelo payday and there will be no shortage of big 147 pounders trying to get in the ring for that nice payday and move up..likewise for the bankable 154 pounders. :/...

I love GGG but boxing politics are such that the lesser named challenger who's likely the favorite but with no fanbase isnt going to get the cash cow of the sport AND get what he wants. GGG needs to accept whatever is tossed his way and take it from Canelo the same way the other cash cows have generally done.
                  You're wrong though, Canelo can't sell that much. The gap has closed, with Canelo losing in fanbase, and Ggg always gaining more. Neither guy can do great or even good numbers with a no name, but together there's no telling. These megafights have a way of busting all expectations.

Canelo also needs Ggg badly to repair his rep. He doesn't wanna be the butt of jokes in his prime years. You see this:

Golden Boy Prez: Canelo Has One Goal - To Fight Golovkin!

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-fight--109569

Comment

No one is going to buy the PPV to see Golovkin fight, **** it 300,000 pay'd 70$ to see Canelo fight Liam Smith and even double that paid to watch him Amir Khan, Golovkin should take the money and then he will be a star

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      No one is going to buy the PPV to see Golovkin fight, **** it 300,000 pay'd 70$ to see Canelo fight Liam Smith and even double that paid to watch him Amir Khan, Golovkin should take the money and then he will be a star
                      People are buying it to see Canelo vs Ggg not Canelo or Ggg vs opponent

Glaser number are 200k for Smith and 320k for Khan vs 97k for Lemieux. Iole said 460k for Khan but he also said 150k for Lemieux.

Comment

Working...
                      X