Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Porter getting so much hype just because he blasted out Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because nobody thought Porter would completely destroy him. On paper It was a 50/50 fight. Many people thought Paulie would win but Porter made Paulie look like a nobody and knocked him out in four rounds. Paulie is a tough dude. He's got a big heart and a good chin and never been KO'd. He still has more to prove but it was an impressive performance...How many fans picked a fourth round KO victory for Porter??

Comment

Would love to see Khan/Porter. I'm not sold on Porter, but he is promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Are we going to ignore the Alexander fight? Three impressive back to back performances.
        He managed to outwork Alexander, it was hardly a displace of grace and science. Porter is a work horse of a fighter with limited skills who is ripe for a boxing lesson from any of Floyd, Manny, Garcia and possibly Thurman/Khan.

It's simple to see how to beat him, catch him on the counter as he lunges in and throw just enough punches to keep up with him. Porter does nothing special but with his limited skill set he has still managed to come far and that's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          He managed to outwork Alexander, it was hardly a displace of grace and science. Porter is a work horse of a fighter with limited skills who is ripe for a boxing lesson from any of Floyd, Manny, Garcia and possibly Thurman/Khan.

It's simple to see how to beat him, catch him on the counter as he lunges in and throw just enough punches to keep up with him. Porter does nothing special but with his limited skill set he has still managed to come far and that's impressive.
          I agree with you.

Comment

Not many ewre picking Porter to beat Alexander up like he did, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
              Devon Alexander is another feather duster, but that's a decent win but nothing warranting Mayweather.
              Alexander, Malignaggi and Brook wins would warrant the fight. Three top 10 welters.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Yeah Porter is a work horse and could get him wins in the future over more talented fighters. Porter is an interesting fighter and I think that he will win fights he's not supposed to win because of his do or die mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Alexander, Malignaggi and Brook wins would warrant the fight. Three top 10 welters.

Comment

Paulie would f*** the OP up in a fight, don't kid yourself bruv.

Comment

porter has good speed and decent power, but what ive seen that amazes me is his timing. porter caught devon and pauly clean.

Comment

Working...
                      X