Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO turned down Stevens/N'Dam for Kovalev undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    But they gave the OK for Dulorme/Mayfield
    Definitely would have been a fun fight. Have no idea they would approve the garbage fight above over a Stevens all-action fight.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
      Definitely would have been a fun fight. Have no idea they would approve the garbage fight above over a Stevens all-action fight.
      My only guess is Stevens is expecting the same amount or close to as last time and N'Dam as well when he fought Quillin

Comment

My only guess is Stevens is expecting the same amount or close to as last time and N'Dam as well when he fought Quillin
        Wasn't it HBO/Hershman who blocked the fight, I wouldn't think Stevens would turn down a winnable fight like that.

Comment

One or both of them wanted way too much money

Comment

Wasn't it HBO/Hershman who blocked the fight, I wouldn't think Stevens would turn down a winnable fight like that.
            They probably saw the logistics of how much it was going to cost. I don't even think the main eventers are getting paid much. Heard Kovalev had to make some sacrafices for this card to go off

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              One or both of them wanted way too much money
              They probably saw the logistics of how much it was going to cost. I don't even think the main eventers are getting paid much. Heard Kovalev had to make some sacrafices for this card to go off
              HBO are being real tight with their finances. You'd think not working with Mayweather and GBP will have them cashed up.

Hardly, they pay their highest rating stars peanuts ie. GGG, Kovalev and Stevenson.

Comment

HBO are being real tight with their finances. You'd think not working with Mayweather and GBP will have them cashed up.

Hardly, they pay their highest rating stars peanuts ie. GGG, Kovalev and Stevenson.
                I assume they're saving money for the bigger name fights and making low money fights if they can

Comment

But they gave the OK for Dulorme/Mayfield
                  hey whats good and i lost your number when i lost my phone but hit me up at 678-554-5428

because mayfield and durlome both could have a future. stevens and ndam are guys who have no future

Comment

Maybe because neither fighter is affiliated with HBO? It seems Main Events has a working relationship with HBO, and HBO is interested in Killa Kov, but that doesn't mean they're interested in the other fighters (i.e. Stevens). He was a solid opponent for GGG, but his value is vastly overstated. Also, N'Dam recently fought on Showtime. Why invest precious resources (such as air time) for guys who are not committed or loyal to HBO? It would seem that Kovalev is the only fighter where the risk is worth him not having an express contract with HBO. (I am unaware if he already has a contract with HBO.)

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      Stevens woulda smashed N'Dam but it would've been fun while it lasted. He probably would've had less KD's than Quillin but would've stopped him.

Anyway, they're really looking to get KOvalev some more TV exposure. They're gonna probably PPV KOvalev/Stevenson.

Other than their family members, who is going to buy it?

Comment

Working...
                      X