Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto has a good chance of beating mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    agree with the bold...........certainly not his toughest or most credible foe.
    You're right, it was gatti right?

Cotto is better than hatton, ortiz, de la hoya (at the stage of his career he was in), mosley, etc.

You can argue corrales, thats not the point. Name the last person that floyd fought that is better than cotto.

Comment

cotto will beat chicken floyd thats why he duckin him

cotto one of the grestest of all time and pacman beat cotto in his prime floyd cant beat niether one bakbak

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        I think this is unrealistic. Cotto's jab is one of the best. His timing is impeccable with it, and it comes at unexpected/random times. It WILL land. I remember people were saying pac was gonna counter cottos jab all night...and he did...with his face.
        I sorta agree about the hook. Its possible to land on mayweather, obviously its gonna be difficult to at first tho (to the head). The body will be there, cottos right hand needs to show up to the fight. And considering either trainer is no slouch, i beleive it will. If any of mayweathers last few fights are any indications, he is gonna try and stand right in front of cotto. Imo, that doesnt bode well for mayweather. Floyd aint beating anybody down, much less cotto. He is not a volume puncher.
        HA. What are you talking about? Pac did start to counter of Cotto's jab with his right hook and it changed the whole fight.

Everything Cotto does well, Floyd does better. Cotto's timing is great, you're right...but Mayweather's is better.

I don't think Floyd will stop Cotto because there won't be enough accumulation. But he will break Cotto's will systematically.

Comment

I would think Floyd has more heart and mental composure during adversity then Cotto.

When Cotto got cut against Clottey he got gunshy.
          When he fought Margarito he couldn't handle the pressure and wilted.
          He couldn't adapt to Pac and wilted.
          He was starting to gas out and wilt a little against Margarito the second time due to the pressure.

Floyd adapts no matter what= mental composure.

Comment

Cotto is better than hatton, ortiz, de la hoya (at the stage of his career he was in), mosley, etc.

You can argue corrales, thats not the point. Name the last person that floyd fought that is better than cotto.
            Every one of those guys was/is as strong and skilled as cotto at this point. So you answered your own question.

Cotto will get picked apart. All of a sudden he beats bum ass margo and he's on top of his game again. Seriously the man was barely faster than a one legged jewish kid. How can he handle floyd.

I saw all I needed to know when you compared the ability to land against pac man with the ability to land on floyd.............

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
              I would think Floyd has more heart and mental composure during adversity then Cotto.

When Cotto got cut against Clottey he got gunshy.
              When he fought Margarito he couldn't handle the pressure and wilted.
              He couldn't adapt to Pac and wilted.
              He was starting to gas out and wilt a little against Margarito the second time due to the pressure.
              Floyd adapts no matter what= mental composure.
              Well neither of these are true. Cotto got cut against Clottey in the 3rd round...he won the 4th, dominated the 6th, and won the championship rounds. If anything that fight is a testament to his mental fortitude.

Against Margarito the second time, yea he was slowing down but not in a way that indicated he was wilting by any means.

I do agree overall though that Mayweather has more mental compusure facing adversity though.

Comment

I don't think it was Gatti either.

Name the last person that Cotto fought that was better than Floyd? Doesn't even have to better, just give me one that's as good as Floyd. Go....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Name the last person that Cotto fought that was better than Floyd? Doesn't even have to better, just give me one that's as good as Floyd. Go....
                  he juss beat antony margarito guy who chicken floyd duckd for 4 yers

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao>Duran View Post
                    he juss beat antony margarito guy who chicken floyd duckd for 4 yers
                    Don't quote me please,

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Mosley in 07 was pretty credible fight

Why dont you answer my question first. Its not degrading, just calling it as it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X