Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uruguay's new national hero - Luis Suarez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
    Co sign.

They should give him a two match ban just incase they do get through, which they won't.
    They need to change their rules i think.

A penalty doesn't mean **** compared to a actual goal although Ghana should of put the game away with the penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
      They need to change their rules i think.

A penalty doesn't mean **** compared to a actual goal although Ghana should of put the game away with the penalty.
      Wasn't just a pen though, was a sending off

But on the basis of the game being pretty much up, the sending off isn't really an advantage to Ghana

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
        This man is nothing more than a national treasure. He was willingly to miss the Semi Final just for his team to make it without him. That is a taking a bullet for your fellow solider during a war. I have utmost respect for his man and his principles. Just like in life, the good guys never win
        I was thinking the same thing - it was the ultimate sacrifice, gave me a swell of Pride for him for the Valor you describe in the bold.

To those saying he cheated.

Yes, he cheated. There was no chance for him to play the ball fairly, by the time he'd craned his neck the ball would have already been in the net, so he did what he had to do in the passion of that moment to save his country. So would you and any footballer - and I do mean ANY -- put in that position, and anyone who says otherwise is a L I A R.

It's all part of the game, it isn't as if there was no consequence for his action. There was a forfeit, a penalty, to be paid for it, and the Ghanaians failed to capitalize.

Sidenote,

the reactions of the distraught Ghanaians (who were great for the tournament) speaks further volumes to the gutlessness of the English national side. If only they'd shown even a fraction of that passion,
        Last edited by MACAQUEINBLACK; 07-02-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
          I was thinking the same thing - it was the ultimate sacrifice, gave me a swell of Pride for him for the Valor you describe in the bold.

To those saying he cheated.

Yes, he cheated. There was no chance for him to play the ball fairly, by the time he'd craned his neck the ball would have already been in the net, so he did what he had to do in that second. So would you and any footballer - and I do mean ANY -- put in that position, and anyone who says otherwise is a L I A R.

It's all part of the game, it isn't as if there was no consequence for his action. There was a forfeit, a penalty, to be paid for it, and the Ghanaians failed to capitalize.

Sidenote,

the reactions of the distraught Ghanaians (who were great for the tournament) speaks further volumes to the gutlessness of the English national side. If only they'd shown even a fraction of that passion,

Comment

Intentionally handling the ball is not cheating. Unless you consider a professional foul cheating as well.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              That's a very Gay clip you chose to illustrate your point.

I haven't watched much TV in years, besides sports, so I'm not sure of the reference.

But, anyway - I'm unequivocally right in every aspect of my post.

Comment

Originally posted by gunners View Post
                Wasn't just a pen though, was a sending off

But on the basis of the game being pretty much up, the sending off isn't really an advantage to Ghana
                The sending off may not have been an advantage but Suarez was surely going to be taking a penalty in the shootout so it also cost Uruguay their best or second best penalty taker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutting Corners View Post
                  Intentionally handling the ball is not cheating. Unless you consider a professional foul cheating as well.
                  It's fair to say Suarez cheated Ghana out of a goal, since you aren't allowed to handle the ball intentionally, and that's why you pay a forfeit for it.

But you make a good point (the same one I made) that what Suarez did is part of the game - he paid a forfeit for it, Ghana were awarded a penalty, they missed it, end of story.

Had Suarez gotten away with handball and a penalty not been awarded, that would have been shameful, but more a fault of the officials than the player (who was just 'playing the game' as best he could for his country).

Comment

Originally posted by Cutting Corners View Post
                    ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
                      It's fair to say Suarez cheated Ghana out of a goal, since you aren't allowed to handle the ball intentionally, and that's why you pay a forfeit for it.

But you make a good point (the same one I made) that what Suarez did is part of the game - he paid a forfeit for it, Ghana were awarded a penalty, they missed it, end of story.

Had Suarez gotten away with handball and a penalty not been awarded, that would have been shameful, but more a fault of the officials than the player (who was just 'playing the game' as best he could for his country).
                      Thats the truth, right there. ^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X