Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am seeing this fight for the first time, and I am so glad that I did not order this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am seeing this fight for the first time, and I am so glad that I did not order this

fight.

Roy Jones versus Bernard Hopkins ll. Terrible fight, ugly fight. Jones was past being a shadow of himself, and Hop fought about as dirty as Mustafa Hamsho if not worse.

I still havent seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by 713832281 View Post
      I still havent seen it.
      Don't bother. Just know that Roy looked like he was shot and broken to pieces, and Hopkins spent every round tried to ram his head through Roy's chin. Every so often Roy would land a rabbit punch and Bernard would pretend a sniper put a bullet in the back of his head.

Quite possibly the worst fight I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by 713832281 View Post
        I still havent seen it.
        I always tell people not to bother, for those who haven't seen it. I don't intend to re-watch it either. Everyone likes to put most of the blame on Hopkins but Roy didn't do a single thing, it was Hopkins forcing the fight though he fought extremely dirty.

Comment

The reason everyone thought Hopkins was completely done going into the Pascal fight is because of how bad he looked against Roy. I'm still shocked that he looked pathetic against Roy but looked good against Pascal.

Comment

The only reason that fight was boring is because Roy was in survival mode all night. Bernard did his best to try KO'ing Roy, but Roy was literally running all night without throwing anything back. It's difficult to make a good fight when one boxer is just trying to avoid getting his head knocked off all night.

Hopkins dominated Roy in the fight and it's sad to say, but that rematch turned out to be a virtual mismatch. Hopkins was in a totally superior league and Roy was a shadow of his former self.

If you want to watch a mismatch, then watch that fight.
            Last edited by Fix; 08-14-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              The reason everyone thought Hopkins was completely done going into the Pascal fight is because of how bad he looked against Roy. I'm still shocked that he looked pathetic against Roy but looked good against Pascal.
              Me too. I thought Hopkins was finished after this showing - he was horrific. What's crazy is that I think he lost most of the championship rounds against Jones. I was like...wtf? And the over-reactions to the rabbit punches? That **** cray. @ Pascal. Can't believe Hops did him like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Don't bother. Just know that Roy looked like he was shot and broken to pieces, and Hopkins spent every round tried to ram his head through Roy's chin. Every so often Roy would land a rabbit punch and Bernard would pretend a sniper put a bullet in the back of his head.

Quite possibly the worst fight I've ever seen.
                bought that sh#t

felt violated

Comment

i haven't watched a jones fight since Tarver III. didn't even watch the johnson fight.

Comment

I idndt watch the fight live but after reading about it I had to check it out for myself online. I need take note of the warnings and had to suffer a pretty bad spectacle but it wasnt as bad as I wasnt expecting.

Basically Jones just couldnt pull the trigger anymore and his reactions were poor. Hopkins played his part in making it ugly by claiming fouls. If he stopped teh messing about and really put teh pedal to the floor he may have forced a late stoppage as Jones didnt seem to have much to offer but Hopkins allowed himself to be dragged into the silly games and both guys didn the crowd no favours.

Hopkins was as good as ever in his next couple of fights and we know what happend to Jones. It was more about revenge for Hopkins and he didnt seem to care about the looking good element just wanted that Ww on his record to avenge the loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X