No announcement yet.

Matthysse's team comfirmed negociations for a fight against Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    would hate to see this fight either. matthysse has a lot more to gain going after garcia first. this is a high risk-low reward fight for him which is the opposite of what he needs right now at this point in his career.
    You are right, this fight only benefits GBP and Showtime, it's a good fight in terms of popularity i guess. If it's a competitive i could see a trilogy here though theres no bad blood between them. If Chino wins he could get any championship fight at WW. And if Lucas wins there would be much more hype around a fight against Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      Who says Mexicans want to see their top fighters fighting each other? Very few real Mexicans would want their top fighters fighting each other..I would not want Canelo to fight Chavez jr., now maybe a Mexican vs a Mexican America is more accepted like Rios Vs Alvarado but I hated seeing Rios beat Alvarado.. Dont assume stuff about Mexicans which you know nothing about boludo!!!
      Ok, don't get mad. Lots of mexicans wanted to see Canelo - Jr. Mexicans are at least more used to it since there are lots of top mexicans fighters in the same divisions. Even argentine boxers don't want to fight each other. When Diego Chaves was asked about Maidana he said something like "let him earn his money i'll earn mine".

Comment

This will happen after Canelo beats Maidana

Comment

Marcos René Maidana ‏@ChinoMaidana
          The fight between me and Lucas Matthyse is 100% a lie. Don't know who invented it, but there's zero to is.

There's a possibility that I'll fight in December. In Argentina or in the US.

Comment

That would be a good fight but unless it has a lot of financial incentives that is not a good move for either guy

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Marcos René Maidana ‏@ChinoMaidana
              The fight between me and Lucas Matthyse is 100% a lie. Don't know who invented it, but there's zero to is.

There's a possibility that I'll fight in December. In Argentina or in the US.
              I believe it's GBP. They did spread the rumors about the Canelo-Maidana fight a month ago. Maybe to see the fans reactions.
              I don't know how reliable is now that "Lucas Matthysse Staff" on facebook probably is from Lucas nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                That would be a good fight but unless it has a lot of financial incentives that is not a good move for either guy
                exactly. we would all love to see this fight later down the road but garcia and all the names out there still need to be punished. we need these guys fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  Would rather prefer Team Matthysse excerise their right to face Garcia. Becoming the number 1 man at 140 is a far greater honour than pounding out Maidana at whatever weight is agreed.

In a perfect world that would be great. But this is the next best thing for Matthysse. He gets another fight that makes him look good and raises his profile. Garcia gets another easy defense and gets to shine a little longer before Lucas puts the beat down on him.

Comment

Que pelea de mierda (****ty fight)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino;12633453[COLOR="Red"
                      ]Argentinians are not like mexicans, they don't want to see their top boxers fighting each other,[/COLOR] that's why it says "other many don't want to see" It's pretty clear to me what fight is talking about.
                      and what top boxers are those? LOOOOOL @ Maidana being a ''top fighter'' the only top fighters arg has are sergio martinez and lucas that's it

and both are vastly overrated one padded his record in spain fighting bums til he came to america and fought real competition in 2010

and the other lost to the best fighters he ever faced (devon alexander & zab judah)

Comment

Working...
                      X