Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the more embarrassing loss...

George Foreman TKO 2 Joe Frazier or Corrie Sanders TKO 2 W. Klitschko?

I've seen certain posters constantly refer to Frazier as "glass chinned" so I was wondering if getting TKO'd by arguably the hardest hitter ever= glass chin, then what does it say getting TKO'd by a 38 yr old out of shape retiree journeyman?

Sanders beating klitchko...

But it has nothing on Nate Campbell vs Robbie pedan

Comment

Equally embarrassing, style-wise Foreman-Frazier, opponent wise Sanders-W.Klitscho.

Comment

History section becoming a witch hunt for Wlad lol. Wlads loss was during the faze where his heart was questionable to say the least. This question is a no win though because Smoking Joe losing to Foreman isn't embarrassing whatever the circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
          History section becoming a witch hunt for Wlad lol. Wlads loss was during the faze where his heart was questionable to say the least. This question is a no win though because Smoking Joe losing to Foreman isn't embarrassing whatever the circumstance.
          I think I saw more of that in Frazier tbh, you could just see on the spot him stopping believing himself getting scared, and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
            George Foreman TKO 2 Joe Frazier or Corrie Sanders TKO 2 W. Klitschko?

I've seen certain posters constantly refer to Frazier as "glass chinned" so I was wondering if getting TKO'd by arguably the hardest hitter ever= glass chin, then what does it say getting TKO'd by a 38 yr old out of shape retiree journeyman?
            Frazier was a former champion and the man who won "Fight of the Century"

Sanders was a 6ft 4' Power-Punching Southpaw (rare in heavyweights) who knocked out most of his opponents in less than 2rds..

Both fights ended in surprise results... Yet nothing on compared to how Champion Lennox Lewis was TWICE`Poleaxed by mediocre journeymen Oliver McCall & Hasim Rahman..

Foreman & Sanders were both devastating punchers, capable of knocking out any fighter. But McCall & Rahman were not devastating punchers, Yet Lennox went down like a shotgun had been leveled on him..."That is what's known as Glass-Chinned'...Frazier & Wlad were not "One-Punched Poleaxed" like Lewis was...

Comment

Wlad easily.... he lost when he was looking unbeatable and really had to adjust after that fight,Foreman was the Tyson of his era and fought Frazier not at his peak beating him was not a shocker ,the relatively unknown Sanders k.oing Wlad by far was more embarrassing because its preventable not so much for Frazier who would have limited options with Foreman in any year.Its not about chin in Wlads case here its about preparation ,Wlad would beat Sanders 4 out of 5 times .If the whole point to this is chin well Frazier was knocked down multiple times by guys who wouldn't be able to knock down Wlad outside Foreman .The only fighter outside of Sanders to k.o Wlad was Wlad himself ,both guys never had the best chins for their eras however Wlad by far has taking harder punchers overall from much heavier handed fighters than Frazier did.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-21-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

"embarrassing"...............they didn't get stopped by some poster on here they did get in the ring against another man.
                Only fans find a defeat embarrassing, if the effort was present and your defeated theres no embarrassment. If you don't prepare and don't give 100% effort than thats being a "bum"!

Joe Frazier is far from a weak chin, anyone who describes him that way is a fool and has a different agenda than speaking honestly about boxing.
                Wlad doesn't accept punches very well but he's worked on using his height and reach to grabble and hold to stay out of serious trouble.
                I'd rate Lewis simular to Wlad but his reactions are a little bit better.
                Frazier defeats by Foreman are against the heaviest handed heavy of all time. However Big George didn't keep Frazier down, he kept getting up!
                Comparing Wlad and Lennox to Frazier chin is a joke, Frazier is easily the
                tougher man with a huge heart!
                Olympic Gold Heavyweight Champion & Undefeated Heavyweight Champion.
                Frazier vs Ali Both Undefeated Champions Fight of the Century!! great event.

Only Tyson comes close to generating that type of excitement and Tyson fought weak competition on his way up!
                Theres nothing exciting about Wlad and Lennox needed Evander and Tyson to make the kind of numbers he made. On their own as headliners they pale!

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                  History section becoming a witch hunt for Wlad lol.
                  As time goes after retirement, the reputation of a boxer tend to increase, so Wlad might have to wait for the next decade before being a prominent name on this forum ...

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Only fans find a defeat embarrassing, if the effort was present and your defeated theres no embarrassment.
                  Agree. And we can't pay tribute to a winner if we at the same time think his opponent was an embarrassment, can we?
                  Having become a professional boxer is such a tough route in life, so we may excuse them if they fail to deliver at times.

Comment

I find Klinchko an embarrassment to boxing. He is also an embarrassment to all men who shop at Big & Tall. My face reddens even in private as the lummox lurches about the ring on stilt legs. If someone enters the room I quickly turn to another channel, since I am too much of an old fashioned gentleman to embarrass my guests with so ungainly a sight. Even if they ask for the fight, I refuse to let them soil themselves with it. Not on my watch, not in my house! No guest will be treated with such disrepect.

Comment

Working...
                    X