No announcement yet.

I'm not really sold on the Porter hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not really sold on the Porter hype

Whilst his resume is better than his welterweight foe Keith Thurman, the fear factor primarily lies with Keith 'One Time' Thurman. This guy is scary and fights and hits like a maniac... Porter is very athletic but he doesn't give off the same aura as Thurman.

I think Porter's getting overrated. He outmuscled a feather fisted Alexander. And blasted through an even more feather fisted Malignaggi.

I think Thurman and Porter must face off, I'd much rather see it then Porter/Brook

yours truly

~Booty Dew~

If Porter has a chin on him, he'll be #1 no problem.

Comment

Thurman and Porter are the future of 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
        Whilst his resume is better than his welterweight foe Keith Thurman, the fear factor primarily lies with Keith 'One Time' Thurman. This guy is scary and fights and hits like a maniac... Porter is very athletic but he doesn't give off the same aura as Thurman.

I think Porter's getting overrated. He outmuscled a feather fisted Alexander. And blasted through an even more feather fisted Malignaggi.

I think Thurman and Porter must face off, I'd much rather see it then Porter/Brook

yours truly

~Booty Dew~
        You pretty much proved your bias in your opening sentence.

Just say you prefer Thurman over Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
          Thurman and Porter are the future of 147.
          The winner of those two will be on a promising path.

yours truly

~Booty Dew~

Comment

Man have you ever seen Malinaggi handle so thoroughly? You can hate Paulie or bring up his feather fists but outside of the Khan stoppage which blew hes never been blasted out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
              You pretty much proved your bias in your opening sentence.

Just say you prefer Thurman over Porter.
              I don't even like Thurman. I think Porter and Thurman are both overrated, but of the two I rate Thurman higher.

yours truly

~Booty Dew~

Comment

He's done nothing to be as praised as he is right now. I think he's sloppy as hell and expends way too much energy fighting in his jittery Shane Mosley inspired style.

Of course, I reserve the right to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  Man have you ever seen Malinaggi handle so thoroughly? You can hate Paulie or bring up his feather fists but outside of the Khan stoppage which blew hes never been blasted out like that.
                  Hatton blasted him out, albeit it took longer, but that was a fresher Paulie.

Paulie is very overrated and has nothing to hold his opponents back with.

Thurman would have sparked out Paulie much worse than Porter did.

yours truly

~Booty Dew~

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                    I don't even like Thurman. I think Porter and Thurman are both overrated, but of the two I rate Thurman higher.

yours truly

~Booty Dew~
                    On these boards, yes maybe they're overrated.

Let's wait a coupla more fights between them hopefully against accomplished and legit threats or against each other and see who's the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X