Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching that old Pacquiao ko highlight, young Pac-Man didnt seem destined greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe pacquiao looked so much better against david diaz then he did in his previous fight before that with juan manuel marquez because he was fighting david diaz and not juan manuel marquez. maybe?

he had ariza with him against marquez the third time and did no better than before.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      Pac's been top 10 p4p in the entire sport since 2003.

If you followed boxing you would never say he came out of nowhere. Now as far as him being a cash cow ppv star then yes. Then again, in boxing all it takes is one fight. The oscar fight did that. Just like with floyd.
      Never said he came out of nowhere. And If you follow boxing then you would know Floyd was a star before Oscar. But not getting into a back and forth.

Like i said i saw him as a verygood fighter but the quick rise is what does it for me. To much suspicion for me.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I been watching boxing for a long time....he came out of no where because he had no following, already had two kayo losses to lesser fighters and the Ledwaba fight was impressive but he didnt hit the big scene until he upset Barrera.....Manny has been a pro since 1996....thats 7 years Mayweather had been fighting big fights on HBO since 1998...its not the same, people heard of Mayweather and saw him being a good pro early on in his career
        Excellent point!

Comment

I been watching boxing for a long time....he came out of no where because he had no following, already had two kayo losses to lesser fighters and the Ledwaba fight was impressive but he didnt hit the big scene until he upset Barrera.....Manny has been a pro since 1996....thats 7 years Mayweather had been fighting big fights on HBO since 1998...its not the same, people heard of Mayweather and saw him being a good pro early on in his career
          another ignorant one pretending to be some knowledgeable because he slapped on a oldschool fighter avi.

You do know pac has been fighting on television while he was getting ko'd right?

& to compare a lower weight asian fighter from a third world country & the way he started out in comparison to floyd & the way he started out as a way to slag on pac's greatness in comparison to floyd is just the height of STUPIDITY.

Floyd came from a famous boxing family. Floyd had a dad & uncle as pros. Floyd was a olympian living in the U.S. and was carefully designed and managed by Top Rank. Now compare that to pac who had to claw & come up the hard way.

Its utterly amazing what pac has been able to accomplish.

Comment

exactly.

dont let that old school avi fool you. He's highly ignorant & stupid pretending to be some sage. All he does is hate on pac. Total Waste of time.
            Exactly what i didnt want to do in getting into a back and forth with a fanboy as you. Yes i hate on Pac and that all i do according to you. Insulting cause you probably just started watching boxing and your getting mad cause im not nuthugging your boy like you do. Your ignorance and immaturity are showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Ok if you think so. Many think it but im not one. I watched him at the lower weights and thought hes a very good fighter but not a HOFer (yet) or someone that could rise and litterally destroy bigger guys. Then Ariza came on and he exploded....fast. And yes for me there was a cloud, even before mayweather talking, cause the rise was just to fast and the power and speed was to extreme all of the sudden. He was fast and strong but not this fast or strong.

MAB was a good win and i have stated that but that cloud over him is way to thick for me now to think otherwise. Many athletes have had that "it" factor and a little something extra threw them into "godlike" status. Now i didnt see the "it" factor in Pac but it felt like a little something extra to me.

To each his own i guess
              You're harping too much on Pac juicing. Yes Pac juices or has juiced. Before Ariza he had a resume and accomplishments to be in the HOF.

You don't want to put him in the HOF or call him great because he juices... That's fine. Just say that.

But, don't be ignorant to the fact that you can't accomplish what this man accomplished before Ariza joined the team without having the "it" factor. You just can't have those accomplishments. Enough to warrant being in the HOF. Maybe not first ballot and depending on who's in the ballot but if he would have retired after the 2nd JMM fight. He would have rightfully been in the HOF at some point.

Just look at WTF he accomplished FFS's, this forum gets silly at times.

Comment

your comparing an american who was on the olympic team to someone who worked themselves up through the ranks in the philippines.

are you suspicious of sergio martinez too? he came out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tikay0036
                  .....people were already talking about where he ranks all time, after all those great fights with MAB,Morales, marquez, etc. Everyone was riding his jock super hard during that period. Its not until he beat ODLHYA, that the casual fans started noticing. Within the boxing community, they knew he was special. You have to remember he was young during that period, and had plenty of room to grow. He was taking out legends, while still being some what green to the sport.
                  Hence the statement he was veyr good to me but not great. He lost to Morales by the way and many including myself think he lost to JMM. Good not great to me. Then suspicion hit

Comment

another ignorant one pretending to be some knowledgeable because he slapped on a oldschool fighter avi.

You do know pac has been fighting on television while he was getting ko'd right?

& to compare a lower weight asian fighter from a third world country & the way he started out in comparison to floyd & the way he started out as a way to slag on pac's greatness in comparison to floyd is just the height of STUPIDITY.

Floyd came from a famous boxing family. Floyd had a dad & uncle as pros. Floyd was a olympian living in the U.S. and was carefully designed and managed by Top Rank. Now compare that to pac who had to claw & come up the hard way.

Its utterly amazing what pac has been able to accomplish.
                    so coming from poverty is amazing in boxing??? Mayweather had it hard himself growing up
                    So do you really think Pacquaio endured the worst conditions of any champion in recent memory...try what Kassim Ouma went through, now thats amazing dude should be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Never said he came out of nowhere. And If you follow boxing then you would know Floyd was a star before Oscar. But not getting into a back and forth.

Like i said i saw him as a verygood fighter but the quick rise is what does it for me. To much suspicion for me.
                      lmfaaaooo what quick rise are you talking about?

Ive already figured you out. I can see you coming from a mile away. YOu are basically parroting floyd's two main assertions as to why he thinks pac is roiding;

1 His multiple division weight gain
                      2 Late Improvement as a fighter

(again all claims by floyd)

BOTH HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED SEVERAL TIME ALREADY WITH MULTIPLE EXAMPLES OF BOXERS WHO HAVE DONE THE SAME THING IN EVEN MORE PRONOUNCED FASHION.

& the fact that you dont know that tells me everything i need to know about how much you know about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X