No announcement yet.

[VIDEOS] Yuriorkis Gamboa open workout from yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Going by your location Im assuming this is overseas? Which is pretty impressive even tho that's where Gamboa began his career.

Care to explain this sir? Something Im missing here?
    Through their close association, Floyd was able to gain the attention from those who were fans of 50 cent. I am not implying that Floyd only became more mainstream because of 50 cent but their friendship did have a lot to do with Floyds rise in popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Yep, the UK (Scotland).

There's a good boxing following in general, but in most cases it's casual fans who know the superstars and UK fighters. However, I've had discussions recently about Yuri with quite a few casual fans which is very encouraging. I suspect the connection to 50 has played a role.
      Was it a Floyd vs Gamboa discussion by any chance? Cause I also came across some casuals talking about this.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Was it a Floyd vs Gamboa discussion by any chance? Cause I also came across some casuals talking about this.
        Unfortunetly it has happened, yes

Thankfully most discussions relate to his speed, it's something that tends to shock people.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
          Through their close association, Floyd was able to gain the attention from those who were fans of 50 cent. I am not implying that Floyd only became more mainstream because of 50 cent but their friendship did have a lot to do with Floyds rise in popularity.
          Oh yea, I see where you're coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Unfortunetly it has happened, yes

Thankfully most discussions relate to his speed, it's something that tends to shock people.
            Boom! I knew it haha. People talk smack about 50 saying he doesn't know **** about boxing cause he's talking about Gamboa vs Floyd who is 2-3 weight divisions higher but they're not thinking outside the bubble. They're not seeing what that type of talk is doing for Gamboa's popularity.

And I myself have come across somewhat casuals who are a little more educated about boxing who also talk about his speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              I forgot how fast he is. Dang
              I'm really looking forward to his fight after watching that sparring.

Comment

50 cent is great for boxing, especially great for young talented fighters that need more recognition. he is a very good business man as well so I'm sure he will make good decisions. he is already loaded so he wont be so worried about the money. What he said about gamboa - broner being the next possible superfight, i think that is very true. i can see it happening

gamboa always amazes me!

Comment

Man Gamboa is so SICK. Speed.. The way punches are thrown.. Stance.. Footwork all of that. Nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace R. View Post
                    Man Gamboa is so SICK. Speed.. The way punches are thrown.. Stance.. Footwork all of that. Nasty.
                    Head movement, defense, hand eye coordination, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X