Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used to hate this guy.....but Mac Miller is starting to make me eat my words

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used to hate this guy.....but Mac Miller is starting to make me eat my words

I liked his first tape K.I.D.S. but tapes after that like Best Day Ever, I Love Life Thank You, and his debut album Blue Slide Park were less than stellar and had only a few tracks each I could really mess with.

He kind of started turning around with his 2012 tape Macadelic which had more than a few cuts I dug like "America" with Joey Badass and Casey Veggies, as well as "Fight the Feeling" with Kendrick, or the opening "Desperado". I messed with that tape, was decent.

He dropped a solid very good second album IMO, Watching Movies With the Sound Off. He'd really grown as an artist and dropped some ambitious more progressive stuff on this with his instrumentals and song writing. Definitely my favorite project from him.

He then dropped Faces, a solid tape. Was too long but had some great highlights with "Diablo", "Rain", "Funeral", etc.

But his new album GO:OD AM is a really solid album yet again, and has a few of his best records yet. Album is full of everything bangers to slower more personal tracks, and he touches a lot on his drug addicitions, dude impressed me with this album yet again. I was a big doubter of this dude back in 2011, but he's really started turning the corner and is becoming pretty solid with his material.

Listen to 'Purple' not sure what mix tape its on.

Mac isn't bad.

Comment

Mac has some real skills. Don't sleep.

Comment

Music industry is changing too fast for him to stay relevant. In this current market, you have to have a hit song every 4-5 months.

Comment

I stopped listening a lot after K.I.D.S. and Best Day Ever too. Just couldn't keep rocking to his ****.

Hip-Hop been changing and gaining the past year or two though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Music industry is changing too fast for him to stay relevant. In this current market, you have to have a hit song every 4-5 months.
            Watching Movies With the Sound Off and GOOD AM didn't really have a hit, but I don't care. His music has gotten a lot better since he made his hits. He hasn't really had a hit since Loud, but his music is a lot better lately. I think linking up and becoming friends with Earl Sweatshirt and those guys on the West Coast helped his music direction, IMO.

Mac would've never made something as great as Perfect Circle/God Speed a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X