Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you found out the purpose of your life in this world so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"i dont know, because it all lies in God's hands"

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      The world is an absurd place without purpose or direction, other than to implode eventually. I like the saying, to live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in your suffering.

Still trying.
      Nietzsche huh?

I think we can still find our own purpose and direction in life. The world is not as absurd as Nietzsche claimed: we can fall in love, write poetry, do calculus and countless other remarkable things. Most importantly, we can choose what to value and thus choose our purpose in life.

For me, my purpose is a moral one. I want to leave the world a better place than it would've been had I not been born.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
        Nietzsche huh?

I think we can still find our own purpose and direction in life. The world is not as absurd as Nietzsche claimed: we can fall in love, write poetry, do calculus and countless other remarkable things. Most importantly, we can choose what to value and thus choose our purpose in life.
        Maybe Nietzsche would argue that love and art are absurd human constructs, and mathematics, although opening are eyes to the universe, also reduces it to a blueprint that makes it no less absurd, maybe even more so.

Or maybe he wouldnt. I doubt i can answer for him.

I think sometimes focusing on meaning can distract you from truth and experience.

Comment

I am Al Haymon...

Comment

Working...
          X