Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach reaffirms that Pacquaio ducked Mosley in latest interview.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
    Was there ever a hard offer made to Hatton? Oscar saying " I want to fight in a soccer stadium in England" is like Arum saying "Pacquiao's next fight is in Macau".

do you even know what a hard offer is? Arum saying pacquiao's next fight is in macau is not a hard offer.

a fighter has to somewhat entertain the idea of fighting before a hard offer can actually come to fruition.

Hatton FLAT OUT did not want to fight oscar.

Like i said before,

this is common knowledge among hardcore boxing fans. Start a thread asking the same question if you dont believe me.

noob.

Comment

Originally posted by oj simpson View Post
      do you even know what a hard offer is? Arum saying pacquiao's next fight is in macau is not a hard offer.

a fighter has to somewhat entertain the idea of fighting before a hard offer can actually come to fruition.

Hatton FLAT OUT did not want to fight oscar.

Like i said before,

this is common knowledge among hardcore boxing fans. Start a thread asking the same question if you dont believe me.

noob.
      Hatton lost to Mayweather in 07, and Oscar did not mention fighting him following that. Oscar lost to Pacquiao at the tail in of 08, so when was Oscar seriously considering a fight with Hatton? Was it prior to Oscar losing to Mayweather in 5/07, or was is after 12/07 when Mayweather Knocked Hatton's ass out?

Your time line doesn't support your argument. Your like a chic arguing for the sake of arguing.

Comment

Hatton lost to Mayweather in 07, and Oscar did not mention fighting him following that. Oscar lost to Pacquiao at the tail in of 08, so when was Oscar seriously considering a fight with Hatton? Was it prior to Oscar losing to Mayweather in 5/07, or was is after 12/07 when Mayweather Knocked Hatton's ass out?

Your time line doesn't support your argument. Your like a chic arguing for the sake of arguing.

You sound like a painfully ****tional *****sexual.

go start a thread asking why floyd vs oscar 2 didnt happen & did oscar ask ricky before signing with pac thread.

see the responses you get.

Comment

Originally posted by oj simpson View Post
          You sound like a painfully ****tional *****sexual.

go start a thread asking why floyd vs oscar 2 didnt happen & did oscar ask ricky before signing with pac thread.

see the responses you get.
          I don't have to start anything, your ignorant responses which lack credible information to support your position is enough to consider you a failure.

Like I said, the myth that Oscar tried to cherry pick Pacquiao was and is a lie, because If you believe that then you truly believe Roach when he says that Mosley was too good in 09 and that's why he ducked him.

Comment

I don't have to start anything, your ignorant responses which lack credible information to support your position is enough to consider you a failure.

Like I said, the myth that Oscar tried to cherry pick Pacquiao was and is a lie, because If you believe that then you truly believe Roach when he says that Mosley was too good in 09 and that's why he ducked him.

so i guess you dont want to be proven wrong.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              hatton was cherrypicking? cotto was cherrypicking?

marg might have been. clottey certainly wasn't.

delahoya cherrypicked pacquiao.
              Hatton was a legit win.

The second I found out about the Cotto fight, the first thing I thought was "mismatch" and not in Cotto's favor either.

Clottey most definitely was cherry picked. His style of fighting is tailor made for Pac and everyone knew it b4 the fight. Clottey covers up when the punches come and fires back when they aren't coming. Given Pac's style of throwing lots of punches per round it was not much of a secret how this fight should/would go. The only surprise was just how scared Clottey acted to throw back.

De la Hoya might've thought he was cherry picking Pac, but Roach knew it was it was a mismatch b4 they agreed to the fight.

Comment

I don't know what your talking about, but the plan was Mayweather for Oscar in 08 because that made the most money and sense to him. Mayweather retired, and Margarito didn't deserve **** coming off the Williams loss. Roach kept running his mouth in the media about Pacquiao stopping Oscar and not being able to pull the trigger, and that's how the fight got made. Stop sounding like Oscar went looking for Pacquiao, it's pretty clear even then his mind was still on Mayweather.
                LMFAO

the plan was delahoya-mayweather.

mayweather backed out because he wanted more money.

so the next plan was margarito-cotto winner.

oscar thought cotto was gonna win so he planned on fighting cotto.

when cotto lost , oscar wanted no part of margarito.

so it was then hatton-delahoya that was proposed but hatton wanted a tuneup first.

that's when delahoya picked pacquiao and then fight hatton afterwards.

when pacquiao won that's why pacquiao-hatton got made.

no one cherrypicks delahoya. delahoya was the biggest star in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                  Hatton was a legit win.

The second I found out about the Cotto fight, the first thing I thought was "mismatch" and not in Cotto's favor either.

Clottey most definitely was cherry picked. His style of fighting is tailor made for Pac and everyone knew it b4 the fight. Clottey covers up when the punches come and fires back when they aren't coming. Given Pac's style of throwing lots of punches per round it was not much of a secret how this fight should/would go. The only surprise was just how scared Clottey acted to throw back.

De la Hoya might've thought he was cherry picking Pac, but Roach knew it was it was a mismatch b4 they agreed to the fight.
                  clottey wasn't cherrypicked.

this was the top 5 at 147 at the time aside from pacquiao:

mosley , mayweather , cotto , berto , clottey.

mosley and berto were signed to fight each other.

he had just beat cotto.

obviously the mayweather talks fell apart.

clottey was the next top fighter available plus it didn't hurt that he was top rank.

clottey was a legit opponent. it just didn't turn out that way because of how clottey fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    clottey wasn't cherrypicked.

this was the top 5 at 147 at the time aside from pacquiao:

mosley , mayweather , cotto , berto , clottey.

mosley and berto were signed to fight each other.

he had just beat cotto.

obviously the mayweather talks fell apart.

clottey was the next top fighter available plus it didn't hurt that he was top rank.

clottey was a legit opponent. it just didn't turn out that way because of how clottey fought.
                    You just owned the *****/s in this thread lol

Comment

Working...
                    X