• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WLAD_OWNS
    Are you Left Hook Tua/Mr. Pink??
    no........

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
      how can a guy who can only have legitimate success in 1 weight class replace someone on the lb-4-lb list who can have success in 3 weight divisions. ricky is a great 140 lber, but not a better lb-4-lb fighter than paul...

you gotta remember. if you scale p dub to heavyweight, this cat would be straight 8 foot 3....
      P4P ranking is also based on performances, skills, abilities and such you know? Not just how many different weight classes you've been at.

I think Williams was/is under rated, but your over rating the meaning of flickering around different weight classes there. It's a deserved move to be honest, and god knows how long it'll last. If Williams wins soon he might get it back. Hattons most likely losing his next fight aswell so..

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
        how can a guy who can only have legitimate success in 1 weight class replace someone on the lb-4-lb list who can have success in 3 weight divisions. ricky is a great 140 lber, but not a better lb-4-lb fighter than paul...

you gotta remember. if you scale p dub to heavyweight, this cat would be straight 8 foot 3....
        p4p is not about how many weight classes you can climb, it's about comparative ability if size was not an issue. Any fighter whose main asset is his size is going to be hard pressed to make the p4p list. Would Paul Williams be as successful at Welterweight if he were 5'9 like most of them are?

Furthermore Hatton has at least had some success at 147 lbs, no matter how hard won it was. He beat a top ten rated fighter and won a title. I'm sure Hatton could move up to Junior Middleweight and fight a novice and get an impressive victory like Williams did against Kolle, but Williams has never done anything of note outside Welterweight.

Comment

My opinion

1. Joe
          2. Marquez
          3. Pac

The rest in no particular order - Hopkins, Vasquez, Margarito, Williams, Wlad, Calderon, Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD_OWNS View Post
            Wlad is clearly the more dominant and talented fighter

Williams is a 6'3 MW/SMW that likes to pick on little 147 pounders
            Wladis more dominant because he has no other choice in a really weak division where most of the Europeans are fighting old washed up Americans instead of fighting each other. Now tell me WHY is Valuev fighting Holyfield when Wlad is fighting Rahman???? The opening for a huge European fight was there instead they are just building up their resumes with old washed up American fighters. Now why did those two afro-mentioned European fighters not ask for someone who doesn't have a fight scheduled??? Like Chagaev??

And about Williams, as long as you make the weight anythings fair.

Comment

Ricky never deserved to be removed from the P4P anyways.
              He lost only to the long-time P4P #1 . Hell Tszyu was top 3 for a long time and Hatton got up to like 5th from that win and several other good defenses while a guy can lose his last 2 fights (R. Marquez) and still be in the top 10.

If a heavyweight deserves to be in the top 10, it certainly is Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                My opinion

1. Joe
                2. Marquez
                3. Pac

The rest in no particular order - Hopkins, Vasquez, Margarito, Williams, Wlad, Calderon, Ricky
                How can you have Marquez above Pacquiao? Its madness. How can you have him above the man who beat him earlier this year? (a W is a W, close fight or not)

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  p4p is not about how many weight classes you can climb, it's about comparative ability if size was not an issue. Any fighter whose main asset is his size is going to be hard pressed to make the p4p list. Would Paul Williams be as successful at Welterweight if he were 5'9 like most of them are?

Furthermore Hatton has at least had some success at 147 lbs, no matter how hard won it was. He beat a top ten rated fighter and won a title. I'm sure Hatton could move up to Junior Middleweight and fight a novice and get an impressive victory like Williams did against Kolle, but Williams has never done anything of note outside Welterweight.
                  I disagree to an extent. Height to weight ratio has to remain intact when talking P4P. If Williams was 5'9" then he wouldn't be 147 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pfcwintergreen View Post
                    How can you have Marquez above Pacquiao? Its madness. How can you have him above the man who beat him earlier this year? (a W is a W, close fight or not)
                    Because this guy is the biggest idiot you will ever encounter on this website. I would not even bother trying to reason with him if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                      I disagree to an extent. Height to weight ratio has to remain intact when talking P4P. If Williams was 5'9" then he wouldn't be 147 pounds.
                      But if he was a heavyweight he wouldn't be "scaled up".

If size was of no consequence he would not be a top ten fighter, that's why he isn't in the p4p list.

Comment

Working...
                      X